Using Household Electronics : Setting Your Thermostat

Using Household Electronics : Setting Your Thermostat

Learn how to set your thermostat and get tips on the “auto” setting, so it automatically turns on and off at a certain temperature to keep your room temperature regulated. Learn more thermostat tips in this free household electronics video.

Expert: Tony Ramirez
Bio: Electronics and media guru Tony Ramirez is known among his friends, family, and clients as “Inspector Gadget.
Filmmaker: Adolph Ramirez

1. Jjames Anderson on August 27, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Fan on just means the fan will will run all the time. AC / Heat will still go on and off as needed.

2. DOUG FERGUSON on August 27, 2019 at 1:49 pm

hello, we CANT get the airconditioner to kick on. I set the inside temp on 15 c . I have the SNOWFLAKE setting on too.The outside temp in about 24. The fan seems to be on full time but the inside temp slowly climbs to match the outside temp. I have it set on auto as well. Can you help me to get this unit to kick into Airconditioner mode? Thanks D.ferguson Okanagan canada.

3. Bits on August 27, 2019 at 1:50 pm

You’re wrong. When you set the thermostat to "on", then that means that the fan will run continuously whether the unit is on or not.

4. Ron Chrzanowski on August 27, 2019 at 1:54 pm

When I run the A/C and then turn it off warm air will be coming out the vents which will start warming the house up I would have to shut the breakers off and then turn them back on to run the A/C again

5. Talal Ahmed Vlogs on August 27, 2019 at 1:56 pm

This is a 1080p video from 2008 WHOAAAA

6. OneDayAfterAnother on August 27, 2019 at 1:57 pm

I have this EXACT thermostat in my house. Lately, I’ve noticed that the "current temp" the thermostat displays is like 5 degrees warmer than what the current temp actually is. I have 2 thermometers that says it’s 74.3 inside (feels cool in here) yet the A/C is still running and says the current temp is 79 on the thermostat and the A/C keeps running and running.

7. sschoeppey on August 27, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Jenko701 is correct. Fan set to on will not make your house warmer or colder on it’s own. It will just keep the air circulating all the time. It will use more energy but much less than when the compressor unit is running on the heat pump in relative terms.

8. Luis H T on August 27, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Hi, Does anybody knows how to remove the cover of this specific thermostat?

9. nikanaturally on August 27, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Thanks this answered my question about EM heat

10. Miku Marmalade on August 27, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Thank you. I was wondering why apartment was freezingā€¦

11. dog gone on August 27, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Hi, My thermostat is almost the same. The "screen" is a little bit larger and usually has "H ld" on the left of the "Temperature." Under the "temperature" it will occasionally have "M T W T F," and a time next to the temperature. I cannot get it to stay "on." Can you help me please?

12. Hannah Seaux on August 27, 2019 at 2:11 pm

Yall r stupid for setting yalls a/c to 78 degrees. We have 2 kids and 1 on the way. And i have asthma. And we keep our a/c btw 65 – 68. NOT 78

13. Samurai Red on August 27, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Thx my old man bragging out the money he got, I’m gonna use that B#&ch all the upšŸ˜

14. angela stewart on August 27, 2019 at 2:17 pm

How do you change battery on this thermostat?

15. Kegan Mitchell on August 27, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Your a dumbass!!!

16. jurnagin on August 27, 2019 at 2:22 pm

my thermostat says low temp what’s wrong

17. OneDayAfterAnother on August 27, 2019 at 2:25 pm

@brislo
    I figured out the problem actually. The laundry room is not heated or cooled unless the door is open. The wall directly behind the laundry room is where the thermostat is. When you open the garage door and heat comes into the laundry room , it makes the wall heat up, thus the wrong thermostat reading. I have since been leaving the laundry room door opened and it corrected itself. It’s now pretty close to my other indoor thermometer

18. Jon Manta on August 27, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Hey man, can you change the temp to Celsius?

19. Debbie Song on August 27, 2019 at 2:27 pm

I don’t have one like these. Mine shows little lines and a switch that moves right left between groups of ten with a line between them, where would 78Ā° be located?

20. rakesfunnyfarm on August 27, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Don’t it raise your electric bill when the fan is set to on? This is my first winter I will be using a heat pump.

21. cooldog60 on August 27, 2019 at 2:32 pm

What I want o know is how to set the cycle time. Like if I set the temp. to 70. I don’t want it to come on when it is 70 and go off at 71. It would be constantly going off and on.

22. Anthony Pettyjohn on August 27, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Is this thermostat for cable heat

23. Adriana Hernandez on August 27, 2019 at 2:44 pm

My room temperature ac is 87 and i set it on 73 that’s okay can u guys tell me plz

24. Shawneka Mcphee on August 27, 2019 at 2:47 pm

If I want the house cold do I go up or down with the arrow???

25. Arpi Rp on August 27, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Unable to set my temperature it goes back to the room temperature. How do I fix this