Google Stadia Is Here. Is Xbox Doomed?

Google Stadia Is Here. Is Xbox Doomed?

Google Stadia is here. Stadia marks Google’s entry into AAA gaming via a new game streaming service. Google says you’ll be able to stream game titles up to 4K 60fps on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or TV (via Chromecast). Is Google Stadia the future of video games? Are you ready for a completely online gaming experience?

FOLLOW ME IN THESE PLACES FOR UPDATES
Twitter – http://twitter.com/unboxtherapy
Facebook – http://facebook.com/lewis.hilsenteger
Instagram – http://instagram.com/unboxtherapy

1. Grim Jr. on September 6, 2019 at 3:01 pm

It seems everyone is talking about if you’ll be able to stream these games. But no one seems to have mentioned the fact that you pay for a subscription and full price for the games and you don’t even own a digital or physical copy of the game, so if whatever reason stadia stops you lose all of your games/money.

2. Philip Martin on September 6, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Is Xbox Dommed? Probrably

3. Austin Murphy on September 6, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Stadia will last a year may get big for a little while people won’t like it and it’ll fail hard and people will start using everything Microsoft instead of google

Bing will make its return

4. King Jiggah on September 6, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Funny how he says Xbox

5. Jason Luu on September 6, 2019 at 3:12 pm

You’re actually playing your game somewhere else, while streaming your game play back to your screen. Coolio.

6. IamLuciano on September 6, 2019 at 3:13 pm

Xbox is unkillable!!! Period

7. Hyper Dxvid on September 6, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Now Xbox and Stadia Going to be fighting now no more PlayStation and Xbox

8. Teddy Rex on September 6, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Its going too slop like steam machine

9. hughmcguff on September 6, 2019 at 3:14 pm

By streaming does it mean.. like twitch streaming or mixer streaming?

10. Anar Chy on September 6, 2019 at 3:15 pm

ill never buy this wannabe consol …

11. Lance Evans on September 6, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Microsoft is fucked

12. 多精社長小汁女 on September 6, 2019 at 3:17 pm

GG good game haha

13. SUNisMAD. john on September 6, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Why does it have to have such a booty name!
    Stadia 🙁

14. Josh Ward on September 6, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Xbox/ps will never be outdone by google are u mad🤣

15. Jason Wilke on September 6, 2019 at 3:20 pm

I haven’t gotten into gaming since call of duty world at war because all the new stuff is the same thing and no significant improvement over the older systems. I just built up a Dell OptiPlex to the max so I could try this fortnight my son won’t stop talking about but I’m just not enjoying it. I Guess I will have to wait and see what the future holds for gaming or it back to NES emulators for me.

16. Unbox Therapy on September 6, 2019 at 3:21 pm

How are you playing games now.. PC, Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch?

17. Wayne Clark on September 6, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Stupid click bait yeah I’m sure xbox and Sony will fail yeah right google is pure evil big brother

18. Tommy BRO on September 6, 2019 at 3:22 pm

They’re both lame. Just let them die.

19. Chris De La Cruz on September 6, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Bro this is not better than PlayStation or Xbox stop it dude

20. RS LukaAnimates on September 6, 2019 at 3:22 pm

This better not share the same fate as Ouya

21. Tague Relyea on September 6, 2019 at 3:22 pm

No one in their right mind can possibly think google won’t Fck them over seven ways from Sunday.

22. Antony Marjeram on September 6, 2019 at 3:23 pm

If Google can do this they will put Sony and Microsoft in one hell of a difficult situation good luck to Google

23. Keith James on September 6, 2019 at 3:25 pm

You forgot to menion their scaling capability.

24. Anime King67 on September 6, 2019 at 3:25 pm

That sounds so perfect gaming device like I mean look at it we all Xbox or PS4 users have to deal with updates for our games and downloads and we hate waiting we just want to play but it we had this it will change the gaming world/universe for good ❤️ love gaming it will never change that

25. TheEvil_.surgeon on September 6, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Google seems desprate

26. Gaming Theft on September 6, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Stadia is shit

27. GONEWILDFILMS on September 6, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Onlive

28. Philippe Berube on September 6, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Im sorry but most if us wont switch to that thing it consumes internet like hell and we resisted to ps4 so i think i speak for all xbox gamers with horrible internet when i say i will gladly keep my xbox

29. warframedeaths on September 6, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Google Stadia launches with 20+ AAA games already!!!😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍

30. The Geopolitical on September 6, 2019 at 3:31 pm

The only problem is internet connection, in some countries there isn’t the infrastructure to even have 3 mb/s expecially in India ecc, even in developed countries like italy, Chezc Republic, Bulgaria, Spain France ecc ( even some parts of US ) internet is not really fast

31. STBill on September 6, 2019 at 3:32 pm

The new OUYA is here.

32. Ian Bonner-Swedish on September 6, 2019 at 3:36 pm

2019? They’re probably gonna drop it on or around Black Friday or Christmas.

33. Kenyatta Barton on September 6, 2019 at 3:37 pm

I have a PC,an Xbox one and a switch.

My problems with stadia are

1. I like to own my games. Since stadia is a service you will not, and technically cannot own any games through stadia even though you are paying for the games along with paying for the service to pay those games. So if stadia shut down you would loose access to this games. (If Nintendo or Xbox shut down today I would still be playing my games tomorrow)

2. I live in a high speed internet area. However when watching 4K videos my Netflix or YouTube still lags/buffers. So there’s no way that areas you mentioned that are ‘emerging markets’ have the internet speeds required to make something like this work. Especially considering that I play online games that will sometimes lag so I don’t even want to think about the latency issues revolved around streaming an online game.

3. Where’s the beta test ? Or anything along these lines , it’s supposed to come out this year and so far I’ve only seen them do presentations. Why aren’t they allowing a few people access so we(the public) can get a better idea of how this will work.

4. I actually like to play some single player games offline. I love online games, I do, but I do not want to be online all of the time. There are times , especially with my switch, when I might be on a train, airplane or anywhere else without a decent WiFi connection and just want to play my single player game offline. With stadia you don’t have the option to do this. So even if you have good internet connection at home , few people have those same internet speeds when out and about so to speak and if you’re a switch owner you can definitely still game in this moments. Like on a long flight.

5. Price point, price point , price point.

34. Keith James on September 6, 2019 at 3:38 pm

Pre ordered Founders Edition!!!

35. Gaming with Gimpy P! on September 6, 2019 at 3:42 pm

What happens if your connection lags? If your connection is at all unstable pvp games would have major frustrations. Streaming 4k movies via YouTube or Netflix uses buffering to stabilize the data stream. Can’t do this with games like CoD and such, they require fast reaction times you lose with buffering.

36. James Charbonneau on September 6, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Finally someone who gets it.
    I’m sick and tired of Old Guard Gamers bitching about this.

Go rent your DVDs from Blockbuster you clowns!

37. Yorha 2B on September 6, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Google stadia gonna fall

38. ℛɛᴛʀᴏ ℛɛᴅ on September 6, 2019 at 3:47 pm

This dude is retarded and paid promo by Google. Google is a totalitarian company and power hungry triggered fuckwits.
    You pay $60 for a game PLUS $9.99 a month for their bullshit service. You CANNOT play stadia on a 10mb speeds at 4K. That is structurally impossible. You’re going to have to stove out another $80 for good internet speeds. So you’re basically paying a car note just to pay games. Bye Google.

39. Isaac Park on September 6, 2019 at 3:48 pm

This gonna fail. I hate overpaying for my internet data fees. Some says its gonna be using over 700gbs. If im paying for that insane amount of data usage per month, Stadia can die. ill be happy.

40. h8GWBî on September 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Soooooo, _IS_ -Playstation- Xbox doomed?

41. Dino Drawer on September 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm

I feel like for a month everyone will be like “OH XBOX IS DOOMED” after a month “Google stadia is trash” lets be real the console feels like a rip off ps4 and Xbox because it has a mixture of both the console and controller from both sides.

42. Anar Chy on September 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm

yeah , dont buy disc …. so you wont be able to sell the games when you are done with it ….. just buy and thats it .. its a waste ……… i always buy the disk ..

43. Colby Johnson on September 6, 2019 at 3:54 pm

So can I play mario and zelda if so I’m buying

44. DrunkyMazterFlex on September 6, 2019 at 3:54 pm

I’m sticking with Xbox and xCloud if I have to choose streaming instead of owning games. Google can suck a big fat 🍆

45. Victor Valenzuela on September 6, 2019 at 3:55 pm

They already mentioned. It’s coming out on November 2019 for 129$… that’s what I remember

46. ROLL BEATS on September 6, 2019 at 3:56 pm

iT’S DOOMED because GENERALIST thinks it will…. work but they will fail…AND INTERNET HAS A SPECIFIC LATENCY…SO IT WILL NEVER WORK THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO USING THEIR BS ASSISTANT TO SPY FOR ADS…internet is I too MILLISEC SLOWER THAN LAN/SPLIT SCREAM…

47. Ben on September 6, 2019 at 3:57 pm

I can’t support a company that has f’d up YouTube and censors anyone who they don’t agree with or anything they feel doesn’t need negativity.

48. Cinema _yo on September 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm

This is just like g force now which works good but not for competitive games cause there is slight lag sometimes and doesn’t look the greatest at all times, it has little lag spikes kinda frequently and and some distortion just like a real stream would. I really hope the stadia works better though cause that’s a huge step in gaming. People like me who doesn’t want to pay to build a pc.

49. Tague Relyea on September 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm

Yes everyone give up your complete control over gaming hand it to google.

50. BlueSand Gaming & Music on September 6, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Geforce now is the only game streaming service I use