Top 10 Worst Video Game Consoles

Top 10 Worst Video Game Consoles

Top 10 Worst Video Game Consoles

Everyone loves a new gaming machine with exciting games and upgraded visuals and controls. However, not every console released has been an improvement for one reason or another… Join WatchMojo for a list of console fails.

Featured on this video:
#10. Magnavox Odyssey (Magnavox)
#9. Gizmondo (Tiger Telematics)
#8. LaserActive (Pioneer)
#7. Pippin (Apple/Bandai)
#6. 3DO Interactive Multiplayer (Panasonic)
#5. Atari Jaguar (Atari)
#4. 32X and Sega CD (Sega)
#3. ?

Special thanks to our users for submitting the idea on our Interactive Suggestion Tool at http://www.WatchMojo.com/suggest

Get WatchMojo merchandise at http://watchmojo.com/store/

WatchMojo’s ten thousand videos on Top 10 lists, Origins, Biographies, Tips, How To’s, Reviews, Commentary and more on Pop Culture, Celebrity, Movies, Music, TV, Film, Video Games, Politics, News, Comics, Superheroes Your trusted authority on ranking Pop Culture.

1. Daedric-Persona on September 8, 2019 at 7:10 pm

you forgot xbox 1

2. TheReturnOfRobertELee on September 8, 2019 at 7:11 pm

my former best friend is obsessed with soulja boy tellem and his favorite video game consoles are featured in this video

3. Treyvon Gray on September 8, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Here’s a bad console: Nintendo Wii U

4. Jacek Woźniak on September 8, 2019 at 7:14 pm

I have never heard about those stuff but it is easy to degrade value of electronic 20 years after relase. I think this console wasn’t bad. Those console was unpopular

5. GreenAndMeat paw on September 8, 2019 at 7:15 pm

He’s gonna take you back to the past..

6. Ugly bob on September 8, 2019 at 7:16 pm

I miss playing halo reach on my 360, until I got RROD

7. Rob Smith on September 8, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Lol @ jagwaaar

8. Team SKG on September 8, 2019 at 7:18 pm

ALL of these make sence. BUT WHO THE F WOULD BUT THE DAMN MAGNAVOX ODYSSEY ON THIS LIST!? THATWAS THE FIRST CONSOLE!

9. Frank TIelemans on September 8, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Amiga CD32 in 1993.
    I was a huge Commodore Amiga fan but their console (the first 32bit console) was a commercial faillure.

10. Michael Gajewski on September 8, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I thought the Atari 5200 was gonna be number 1

11. DJ Dizzy on September 8, 2019 at 7:23 pm

You’ve never seen a laser disc and you’re doing a piece on electronics? Come on now, go to your nearest Circuit City and… oh wait

12. Steve Hoyland on September 8, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Most of these were neither "the worst" nor "failures". The first home video console, which was a version of massively popular arcade game "Pong" plus several similar games (variously described as "Tennis", "Football", "Squash" and so on but all Involving bats & balls), were hugely popular – the first time In history when one or more people could enjoy competative and skilfull games In their own homes via-the Television; that In Itself was another first, as this was the first time a TV was used as something more than Just a box designed only to receive TV channels. What looks boring and "Primitive" today wasn’t so at the time, likewise someone will be making videos In a couple of decades or so poking fun at the "primitive" PS4 or the latest Incarnation of the XBox. I have several Emulators on my PC Including Sega Master system/Megadrive (Genesis In the U.S.), Nintendo NES/SNES, Commodore Amiga (more a PC than a console of course, but massively used as a gaming platform), Atari 2600,5200,7800, Atari Jaguar & Lynx and many thousands of games/software for all of those emulators, and I enjoy scrolling through, choosing and playing the games, as much today as I always have (I’m 55 as of 2019). I find It rather Ignorant, petty and downright Idiotic to make fun of earlier technology. Wiithout those ‘failures’, we couldn’t have progressed to the point we’ve reached so far. What I mean Is, we can’t expect every release to be a success; It’s learning from those mistakes which has lead to the successes we have today.

13. Jack Jerry on September 8, 2019 at 7:25 pm

10. Panasonic 3DO 9. Phillips CDI 8. Magnavox Odyssey 7. Bandai Pippin 6. Colecovision 5. Intellivision 4. Atari Jaguar 3. Virtual Boy 2. Wii U 1. Atari 2600

14. Kobe Jamez on September 8, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Just cause the odyssey was the first doesnt mean it cant stink…"two things can be true" -shannon sharpe

15. MTB blake on September 8, 2019 at 7:27 pm

I hate u

16. Xanatos21 on September 8, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Virtual Boy was gay. I’m not surprised it made #1 on this list. Even the commercials for it were fucking retarded.

17. Humberto Correa on September 8, 2019 at 7:28 pm

I love laser disc movies

18. lhuis 27 on September 8, 2019 at 7:28 pm

odsessy was the first console ever. back then there won’t that much good graphics.

19. MaziesButt on September 8, 2019 at 7:28 pm

If memory serves me… The 3DO brought us Need For Speed (before it hit the PC that is)… Thank god they branched out and it didn’t die with the system.

20. Carl Burns on September 8, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Xone made in Brazil.

21. King_EAROH on September 8, 2019 at 7:29 pm

I remember the n gage and I never bought one and I didn’t know anyone who bought one too.

22. Spyros Giantsoulis on September 8, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Magnavox Odyssey wasn’t bad (for that ages) maybe you’ve said that because of the amount of system had been sold.

23. Vier Sterne Deluxe Records on September 8, 2019 at 7:32 pm

I have an NGage. I Think its was just ahead of the time. Besite that bad Design flaw it have a most of the time very good game libary of 65 games. The get out and play was the 2nd NGage Try as a online Service. That thing crashed harder as a Rock.

24. SandboxArrow on September 8, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Still better than Xbox One

25. Jason Allred on September 8, 2019 at 7:33 pm

3do was well ahead of it’s time. Dragons lair, space ace, brain dead 13. I bought three of them at bestbuy in 1996 for 45.00 each! Found out they were the real systems and sold two of them in box for a grand each. The games were very good and cheap. This bozo on this video has no clue what he is talking about.

26. Fred W on September 8, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Sega CD was one of the best systems of all time. Definitely shouldn’t be on the list. Now the 32x definitely sucked.

27. John Fernandez on September 8, 2019 at 7:37 pm

I really want a virtual boy please

28. Jesse Petrone on September 8, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Stop biting off of angry nintendo nerd

29. balaji venugopal on September 8, 2019 at 7:38 pm

All games r trending on that period…

30. Nathangamer2klegendarypro on September 8, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Penasonic R E A L:the most advanced console in the universe
    Ps4:im a joke to u?

31. Ian Higson on September 8, 2019 at 7:41 pm

3DO had a saving grace…… super street fighter 2 and it was good.

32. Super Yoshi Bros on September 8, 2019 at 7:41 pm

They forgot the atari 5200

33. bkingk8 on September 8, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I played a 3do and you guys are full of shir.

It was not time prompts.

Get your facts straight

34. T.Yoshi Munchakoopa on September 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Where’s the wii U

35. Witherstriker65 on September 8, 2019 at 7:43 pm

What about the r-zone that one was a real piece of shit

36. Stephen Parallox on September 8, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Kind of surprised ColecoVision isn’t on this list. Or for that matter the Adam system.

37. littlebritain64 on September 8, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Ha, and some people dares to blame the Commodore Amiga CD32 console. I’ve seen worse things here….

38. Angel Cherubim on September 8, 2019 at 7:48 pm

….I like Atari fuck you

39. Zepex on September 8, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Virtual Boy gives people epilepsy and seizures

40. Nancy King-Hoffman on September 8, 2019 at 7:52 pm

I must admit that they seemed to learn from there mistakes 🤔💡

41. Rob Smith on September 8, 2019 at 7:53 pm

Try saying jagUar. Properly.

42. Tetsuron on September 8, 2019 at 7:54 pm

You might as well delete this video because I guarantee any video made by Gury Larry on this topic is going to be at least a billion billion times better.

43. MurrayNJ08 on September 8, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Owned and loved them all

44. Xristos Xatziantonis on September 8, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Why is odyssey here😠😠😠😠😠

45. Sniper T on September 8, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Watching ads to pay for things, they where ahead of their times lol

46. KoloaxAndIssy2K87AndKolocrab on September 8, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I thought he said smartass

instead I actually heard smart ads lol

47. QuentinDude on September 8, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I remember all the dopes who paid like 600 for. a 3DO back in the day and bragging that they had one and how great it was going to be looooooool

48. Nancy King-Hoffman on September 8, 2019 at 8:07 pm

For sure interesting to say the least I can see why they failed 😔💔

49. 淳二畑岡 on September 8, 2019 at 8:08 pm

映像出力端子がV端子でなくS端子であればレーザーアクティブは決して悪いハードでは無かったと思います。パイオニアさん、折角セガさんとNECさんと共同で開発したのに残念でした😞💨

50. Mr. Paradise on September 8, 2019 at 8:09 pm