You don't know how Quantum Computers work!

You don't know how Quantum Computers work!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/frameofessence
Twitter: https://twitter.com/frameofessence
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/frameofessence

Video Links:

Building the Bits and Qubits:

Video on quantum security coming “soon”

Sources:

Quantum Computing for Computer Scientists

Images:

Richard Feynman
Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license

Clips:

Talkies
Good Starts

From Premium Beat:
Cutting Edge Technology
Second Time Around

1. Tux Mux on November 17, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Fun fact: The machine is actually Case C, because we know that it’s Needy, and that it’s either Case B or Case C.

2. 南道爾 on November 17, 2019 at 6:28 pm

I try to understand what ‘s happened here but no luck. Basically, why quantum computer so fast is because one qbit represents four states(up down left right) while in a normal computer ,one bit can only represent two states(zero or one)right?? However there is no way to figure out left and right because it will change to up or down randomly if you read it? In this video, we can only figure out laid (case a and b )or needy(case c and d), but we still can’t figure out which case. so how quantum computer work? The thing is , it just fall back to “one bit” data , normal one bit represent zero or one, while qbit represent laidback or needy……

3. Petr Antoš on November 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm

well, very nice desciption, probably one maaningfull of 1000 around… so its also that qubit inputs are in fact 2D complex numbers (very hard to encode there, btw), so in fact analog signal where the outputs of quantum gates are always by-design collapsed digital results only? so in fact, it can be simulated also as analog computer ALU made of op-amps? (well, 1D real numbers? very aproximated explanation??)

4. Holobrine on November 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm

How does one debug a quantum algorithm if you can’t spy on the variables as they go through the program?

5. Tina Louise Harris on November 17, 2019 at 6:31 pm

This shud be taught in schools!

6. happyending tsunami on November 17, 2019 at 6:32 pm

So everything we know….we actually do not know…. ouch. My heart’s broken.

7. Jean-Pierre Rupp on November 17, 2019 at 6:36 pm

If x is true, then y is flipped. Or it could be that if x is false, then y is flipped. Sometimes the value of y is just flipped between true and false independent of x. Your job is to figure out what is going on. The solution is to make x be right and y be left. Even if a quantum computer is built, how many people will be able to write software for it?

8. Lance Tschirhart on November 17, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Ohhhh, so quantum computers are magic? Cool, thanks.

9. Shrajann Tiwari on November 17, 2019 at 6:39 pm

does this means that future ourselves doesn’t want us to learn quantum computing, because in future its becomes more weird.
    If you think weirdness is like entanglement.

10. mb k on November 17, 2019 at 6:39 pm

The true explanation of quantum gates . Better than what I have seen other explain. Thank you.

11. Gabriel Braz on November 17, 2019 at 6:40 pm

9:50 I didn’t understand why that happened, when you pass the qubit x through a hadamard gate, and it goes to 0 in laid-back, and 1 in needy cases. Shouldn’t it be random and collapse to either 0 or 1, independent of the circuit ?

12. D-man Bradley on November 17, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Hmm, Just around the corner was almost exactly 4 years it seems (if Google’s implementation pans out).

13. Hypox on November 17, 2019 at 6:42 pm

7:51 Putin

14. Logan on November 17, 2019 at 6:42 pm

ok

15. Holobrine on November 17, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Here’s a thing you could do to make this more understandable. Show the unit circle diagram of each qubit as it passes through the algorithm. Then we can see what the quantum gates truly do to the qubits instead of stumbling over a weird explanation.

16. pecovgfx on November 17, 2019 at 6:43 pm

when I feel like someone is watching my deep understanding of quantum concepts it vanishes.

17. pecovgfx on November 17, 2019 at 6:43 pm

we don’t

18. Balázs Börcsök on November 17, 2019 at 6:45 pm

I just do not get it how do you get more or different of an answer from quantum computing. Can anyone help me?

19. DemX _ on November 17, 2019 at 6:45 pm

I am a CE/CS major and your videos are really putting some light on topics that i never knew about. Thank you!

20. Caleb Birtwistle on November 17, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Y U NO LET DO TWICE!!!

21. ALFHA OMEGHA on November 17, 2019 at 6:49 pm

ny friend i,m from indonesia and you from america .if i go to america what am i…a citizen or a toerist….so my friend i will always be a 0 and you will be the one or vice versa……..i think i understand Quantum Computers

22. Force My Team To Finish on November 17, 2019 at 6:50 pm

When you still dont get it so you check if 3Blue1Brown covered the topic.

23. Patsy Ballantyne on November 17, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Binary codes

24. Bunyway on November 17, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Honestly bro, you explained qbit the best, with first video ofcourse. Other video seems just repeating another explanation which lead to another confusion. At first I thought it just doesnt make sense to process a random rotating qbit and how qbit become 1 and 0 at the same time. Now i can sleep.

25. levidoom on November 17, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Don’t give up haha, jk jk. Try explaining the movement (spin) of a qubit through time. I am by faaaaar not an expert but i have a ton of questions and have no clue who to ask. Could the ‘messy’ mechanics of quantum particle be simply explaind as particle movent trough time, but considering that ‘time’ is just another special dimension?

26. Dexter A-TX on November 17, 2019 at 6:58 pm

I got lost at superposition because i pause it to sleep for a second

27. Tatenda Tambo on November 17, 2019 at 6:59 pm

This was informative and entertaining. As an aside, since this comment comes from the future, 3+ years after the release of this video, we can proudly announce that there are commercially available quantum computing systems now (yay!)… but by "commercial" I mean people who can afford to spend $5-15 million dollars… and have specialized facilities to maintain the low temperature conditions necessary…. And a don’t care about the electricity bill… and, to reiterate, you are the sort of person who calls a million dollars "spare change" (awww….). But hey, classical computers used to take up a whole room in the late 40’s so… hope?

28. Timothy T. on November 17, 2019 at 6:59 pm

I think you could make the Bloch circle an actual term if you submitted it to the right channels. What those channels are, I don’t know, but it’s definitely an option.

29. Sillyone T on November 17, 2019 at 7:02 pm

And people think accounting is hard to understand…

30. Holobrine on November 17, 2019 at 7:03 pm

3:21 Case C is XOR gate and case D is XNOR

31. Ande Yashwanth on November 17, 2019 at 7:03 pm

My only question is how do you find out if the qbits are entangled?

32. Vslsnks on November 17, 2019 at 7:03 pm

I came here three years later cause supposedly Google managed to make a Quantum Computer.

33. SHERMAN W. BRAITHWAITE on November 17, 2019 at 7:06 pm

MAYBE "you don’t know how quantum computers work!" BECAUSE YOU WON’T EXPLAIN IN COMPARISON, HOW NONE QUANTUM COMPUTERS WORK. WAIT. IT WAS EXPLAINED (VIDEO POSITION; 0:41 / 15:48). THERE IS NO FLIPPING-FLIPPING. IT’S JUST THAT YOU WOULD HAVE A NEW TYPE OF SWITCHING COMPONENT FOR COMPUTERS, DEVOID OF USING TRANSISTORS. THE SWITCHING SYSTEM IS SO NEW, THAT IT’S BEEN THEORIZED THAT ‘IT WILL BE CAPABLE OF ACCESSING 1 AND 0 AT THE SAME TIME’. IMAGINE IF YOU WILL WHAT IS SAID OF ‘PARTICLES BEING AT DIFFERENT PLACES AT THE SAME TIME’. HOW DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT’S POSSIBLE? IF IT’S TRUE AT ALL. SIMPLE, FREQUENCY. SERIOUSLY, I IGNORED THAT TRUTH FROM THE DAY I LEARNED OF IT.

I SPENT YEARS WORKING ON IDEAS OF MY OWN AND HAVE SEEN FREQUENCIES AS HIGH AS 43GHZ @ 3dB—CONTINUOUS—. AND THE ONLY THING I EVER REALIZED THAT MAKES MORE SENSE THAN HIGH FREQUENCIES, IS PERMEABILITY. “43GHZ @ 3dB—CONTINUOUS—”, MEANS, A PARTICULAR SIMULATED “PERMEABILITY”, DROPS AS FREQUENCY GOES UP. TO SOLVE THAT PROBLEM, HIGHER AND HIGHER AMPLITUDES OF CURRENT OR VOLTAGES MAY BE USED TO MANIPULATE PARTICLES— IN THAT CASE, BY USAGE OF CURRENT, YOU END UP WITH HEAT. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE USAGE OF HIGH VOLTAGE LOW CURRENT, THEY HAVE THEIR THEORIES AND HYPOTHESIS—. HENCE, HOW CAN SOMETHING BE MORE THAN ONE PLACES AT THE SAME TIME SO TO SPEAK, IF THEY CAN’T EVEN GET TO A NEW LOCATION?

IN THE FIRST PLACE, NO ONE IN THOSE PROJECTS ARE TAKING THOSE TINY STEPS PEOPLE SPEAK OF. THEY WANT IT ALL FAST.

TRY TO FIND OUT WHAT’S THE HIGHEST Hz MANAGED ALREADY? WHAT’S THE “PERMEABILITY— ‘GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGY’—? AND HOW MANY QUBITS WERE GENERATED AS WORKABLE ‘ENTANGLED’ CHARACTERS?

DAMN, THIS VIDEO WAS SINCE 2015. I DON’T THINK IN THIS CASE IT MATTERS THOUGH.

34. aiRCoft on November 17, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Yes I do.

35. Brian J. on November 17, 2019 at 7:06 pm

I dont even understand regular computers

36. persil stover on November 17, 2019 at 7:07 pm

I LIKE TURTLES!

37. · on November 17, 2019 at 7:09 pm

If measuring a qubit causes its superposition to collapse to one value or another, how do your quantum computer’s gates measure qubit X in order to determine how qubit Y should be affected, without affecting qubit X’s superposition and causing it to collapse prematurely prior to the Hadamard gate?

38. Tony Danis on November 17, 2019 at 7:10 pm

This video gave me a much deeper understanding of how I don’t understand quantum mechanics.

39. Marc Rover on November 17, 2019 at 7:11 pm

All you need to know is this: clever algorithms make use of super position. REGULAR computing is highly complex: processor pipelines, ISA’s, two-zillion languages, peripheries, memory store and retrieval, etc etc etc…Quantum Computing is even MORE complex, so relaying it neatly to the uneducated is nearly impossible. I have a degree in CS(ee), and this video confused me…..

40. Ande Yashwanth on November 17, 2019 at 7:12 pm

41. rcernan on November 17, 2019 at 7:13 pm

hehhehehe I think you overcomplicated the video.
    Just a tip. For me personaly, when I explain the concept of QC the easiest thing is to just compare the outcomes of a classical walk and quantum walk algorithm with one particle and two particles (so 3 probability distributions). Showing that even a superposition (since it can be described by wave mechanics) really shows the difference in classical and quantum perspective. I think is even possible without math.
    But anyway, understanding QC can be tricky. It gets trickier when you want to understand other computational models and other ways of encoding information into continuous variable or even hybrid encoding. For an experimentalist it can be a bit tricky.
    Good job.

42. audi on November 17, 2019 at 7:13 pm

well everything’s alright but…
    when am i going to use it?
    and
    for what?
    can calculations correct emotions?

43. ampas30 on November 17, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Bahhh

44. juliobro1 on November 17, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Was all that applied in the Google machine? And if so, does all that implies that the particles used are entangled (you need to create them)? In order to predict the states, it sounds like they should be.

45. pro hacker on November 17, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Finally something that i could understand, that paper flipping trick still amazes me even though i had enough amusement with my own example of it.

46. reggiep75 on November 17, 2019 at 7:17 pm

DIGITAL WITCHCRAFT!!!

47. MaxPicAxe on November 17, 2019 at 7:18 pm

5:40 "… is a 1 and a 0 at the same time … that makes sense!"

48. Alex Moldovan on November 17, 2019 at 7:19 pm

So I don’t understand quantum mechanics, dose that make me a genius? 🤓

49. Arush Bartaria on November 17, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Man! Best video on QC so far! I’ve watched IBM’s videos and what not! This actually is the best intro. Why don’t you make more videos in the series explaining the technical stuff in somewhat more depth?

50. Holobrine on November 17, 2019 at 7:20 pm

It would seem you could make a qbit out of macroscopic stuff, except for the measurement. That measurement is where the magic happens.