How To Recover Gold From Computer Scrap with Household Chemicals

How To Recover Gold From Computer Scrap with Household Chemicals

To contribute: https://paypal.me/sreetips?locale.x=en_US

Computer scrap has an undeterminable amount of gold. This enables sellers to charge, and get, from two to ten times what the scrap is worth in terms of the amount of gold that it contains. This video shows that it’s not easy to get the gold and that the amount of gold yielded is very low. Now you have a place to look BEFORE you spend your hard-earned money on this kind of over-priced scrap.

1. Adam carpender on December 3, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Yeah forget all that what a waste of time

2. Marilyn Dreamwalker Mejorado on December 3, 2019 at 7:05 pm

That’s a lot of work! Very informative. Thank you

3. whenindoubt mutemyownmouth on December 3, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Get a dremel with a cutting wheel, it will make less work out of cutting those fingers off the boards.

4. Doug Rees on December 3, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Very interesting video. Also your using left handed cutters. Use the red handle ones I promise it will be easier

5. Chris Chapel on December 3, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Important question. Can some of these chemicals harm me? Gas? Vapors? Eat my flesh kind of acid?

6. Just Aguy on December 3, 2019 at 7:09 pm

I really appreciate the time you took to show the real world results of such an enterprise. I’m curious if that was the TOTAL yield for all the scrap you brought in, just 1 g , and I understand if the video was truncated , too. That was a LOT of scrap and I’m sure took a very long time to render down to the fine gold. It was very detailed, I’m sure IF someone wanted to try it themselves you’ve demonstrated all the steps and the safety requirements to get there. Entire computers are scrapped every year, and it looks like the only profiters are those selling the hope of mining gold to folks who are willing to do the refining. I’m not even sure what your hourly rate would be if you’re collecting scrap computers for free and refining out the minute quantities of gold, after taking the time to collect, dismantle, trim, THEN begin the process you’re doing, THEN ethically discard the "tailings."

7. Les Gee on December 3, 2019 at 7:09 pm

We need to recycle and recover material from electronic devices such as computers in our own countries and not ship it overseas.

8. rbfreitas on December 3, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Amazing

9. Shane wickham on December 3, 2019 at 7:11 pm

wow that is cool

10. Shane York on December 3, 2019 at 7:12 pm

I know… I just watched this video a couple of weeks ago. But if I set a goal to watch all of your videos then I’m going to watch ALL your videos!!
    Have a GREAT Day!!!

11. Vittoria on December 3, 2019 at 7:15 pm

So how does it work out in regards of costs of material used and a labor? Is it profitable at all?

12. Øath betrayer on December 3, 2019 at 7:16 pm

What are the chances of a poisonous gas or explosion?

13. Terminator 7250 on December 3, 2019 at 7:16 pm

I think finding and digging the gold up would have been quicker.

14. mach smith on December 3, 2019 at 7:16 pm

good learning process..but does not seem like 100 hours worth of work and equipment, materials, etc for 1 gram of gold ($47) is worth that extraction..but of course i think we all appreciate you showing us the work and methods involved so thanks kindly..

15. Christopher O'Brien on December 3, 2019 at 7:16 pm

AH, NOW I UNDERSTAND THOSE NOTICES STATING THAT WE WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR OLD ELECTRONIC DEVICES FOR FREE AND JUST IMAGINE THE YIELDS OF GOLD TO BE HAD FROM A LARGE SCALE PROCESSING PLANT. THANK YOU FOR THE VIDEO WHICH WAS VERY INFORMATIVE AND NEVER BORING.

16. Sean Liu on December 3, 2019 at 7:17 pm

The total value of the gold based on spot price is about $50. Is it worth the effort?

17. Joshua Bowman on December 3, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Very interesting to see….chemistry

18. Björn Johansson on December 3, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Interesting! How about use a chisel, and cut off the metals from the PCB in the beginning? A heat treatment will loosen up the bonding between the board, and the copper.
    A trick we use when a pattern has gone wrong in the PCB-layout. We use a sharp knife to cut two scars of the foil piece that should be broken. Heat from a solder iron breaks the bond, and and the little part is easily pealed off. An easy task for a chisel to scrape off the metals afterwards. Maybe a household oven or a heat-gun treatment would ease up the separation of metals from the boards. Just a hint. 🙂

If gold mining would be easy: Anyone would do it, and thereby, gold would loose it’s value. It is because it is hard, the price of gold is high and stable. However, our earth lacks of this metal, and it is valuable to not consume it. This very metal is extremely usable to make things work properly, so every gram recovered is a gift for mankind.
    Something like that. 🙂

19. moazam azam on December 3, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Great job

20. Ronald Martinez on December 3, 2019 at 7:22 pm

I’ve done this a few times in the last 6 years I’ve produced 6 ounces of gold not much but it’s fun and something to don on my days off you can also get silver from key boards

21. juggliar on December 3, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Why not using sodium cyanide to dissolve the gold right away at the beginning? Then electrolytic separation?!

22. Jan Leunissen on December 3, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Very good, just please encourage people not to use plastic envelopes!

23. Susan Burroughs on December 3, 2019 at 7:24 pm

I don’t know how I stumbled on this page, but I’m glad I did!  I always wondered how much trouble it would be to "extract" gold from a computer and now I know (a TON!).  Kudos on the video.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching it!

24. marlians cinema on December 3, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Regardless of the negative comment people posted.the video was quite interesting all dou the real good was what he was extracting from millions of wast.love it thanks that was a great job
    High five

25. Phckng Goofy69 on December 3, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Seems like alot of work for such a small outcome, & the chemistry is way over my head…There are alot more smarter people out there than me… but if you enjoy your hobby then who am i to say its wrong..

26. Alan Alvarez on December 3, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Could you use a buchner funnel during the straining process?

27. r0cwhosane on December 3, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Vid was dope nvr saw anything like it. It’s a lot tho

28. greg mann on December 3, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Burn the coffee filter with gold in it? Would that ork if dried

29. Blue 15 on December 3, 2019 at 7:29 pm

There is no more gold its all been found, sad this is what it comes to, to get gold . But hey you did it. 🙂

30. Arusha Mix on December 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm

I clicked the video and go straight to the comment section, thanx God I got what I was after.

31. Pamela Cargile on December 3, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Very educational

32. Zengin Hayaller Dükkanı on December 3, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Recycle

33. suhar yanto on December 3, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Sir, in case of where the PCB to be dissolved in the solution still containt the tin, is the refining by bleach + HCl can work ? Pls answer and many thanks before.

34. KinGslayer on December 3, 2019 at 7:41 pm

He did this all for only 0.96 dollar really man 😂😂😂😂😂

35. Woochinatchika Kokillibolinov on December 3, 2019 at 7:44 pm

You should invest in a small metal sheer. It’d save you a great deal of hassle.

36. Orions Belt on December 3, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Very interesting, but such a lot of work for so little return and how much do u spend on chemicals and such I just can’t see a profit.

37. ratkooporonty on December 3, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Nagyon tetszett!! Sokba került, de sikerült. It cost a lot, but it succeeded.

38. Chris Otto on December 3, 2019 at 7:50 pm

1 gram !!!……HE LOST MONEY….HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG HAH

39. Br1mston3 on December 3, 2019 at 7:52 pm

Congrats you just spent 2 days to make 50 bucks.

40. toto maurice on December 3, 2019 at 7:53 pm

hahaha put 1.5L of acid… but u already added 500G of scrap inside the pot !!! thank to archimedes theory! u didnt put 1.5L AT ALL in the pot……

41. Øath betrayer on December 3, 2019 at 7:53 pm

We can melt our bank chip reader debit cards!! $$$$ lol

42. Bart Fart on December 3, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Interesting, but it looks like a few steps could be done away with, like why not just wash the recovered pieces off the filter after the first step instead of more acid/soaking and making it all liquid just to reconstitute after another acid soak to dissolve another filter and then burn another filter with boric acid. I just don’t know. SMH.

43. LANPartyAnimal on December 3, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Should buy yourself a small 14" benchtop bandsaw to take the tedium out of cutting the fingers off the circuit cards.

44. Dan O on December 3, 2019 at 7:59 pm

The only people making money with e-scrap are those getting the scrap for nothing (i.e computer repair techs) and selling it on eBay for the suckers who don’t have the benefit of 7 million YouTube views.

45. H. Hall on December 3, 2019 at 8:00 pm

Hmm, one gram, less than 50 bucks of gold. The labor cost more than that. I lost track of the cost of the scrap. I enjoyed the video which was well done. Thanks!

46. joseph Rapoza on December 3, 2019 at 8:00 pm

$42.00 per gram. Now all you to do is weigh the time and cost to see if work for you… Interestings..

47. Robert Larson on December 3, 2019 at 8:00 pm

So the $500 or so he spent on scrap and materials, added in his considerable time and experience, and it all yielded $50 worth of gold. Uh…. what?

48. Ianztube on December 3, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Interesting.
    A LOT of effort and meticulous attention to detail required.
    Not something I may try soon.

49. Muhammad was A pedophile on December 3, 2019 at 8:04 pm

*A little off on your math! A pound is 448 grams, not 455, as you calculated. It’s still off, at 0.636, and not the 0.7 as advertised, but more than your 0.62. I guess you’re both wrong, lol😂*

50. Kno Wun on December 3, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Certainly could not make any money doing this. But a fun experiment