Every Video Game Console Ranked From WORST To BEST

Every Video Game Console Ranked From WORST To BEST

Are we mad? Probably. Taking into account sales figures, number of games available, the quality of said games, AND their importance to the gaming industry, TripleJump presents Every Video Game Console Ranked From WORST To BEST.

We absolutely could not have put this together without all of the wonderful footage uploaded by various retro gaming channels. Special shout out for Game Sack’s fantastic content: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameSack

VO: Peter Austin (@ThatPeterAustin) & Ben Potter (@Confused_Dude)
Script: Philip J Reed (@NoNoiseChitChat)
Video Editor: James Jenkins (@Jenx_137)

#ConsolesRanked #BestSellingConsoles #EveryConsoleRanked

VTech V.Flash
VTech V.Smile
Worlds of Wonder Action Max
ZAPiT Game Wave Family Entertainment System
Zeebo

————————–

Subscribe for more wonderful video game content from Ben Potter and Peter Austin!

TripleJump provides video coverage of video games – including top ten lists featuring current gen platforms (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC), retro consoles (PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox and Sega), as well as Worst Games Ever, video game challenges, weekly news updates, first impressions, podcasts, livestreams and much, much more.

Merch, careers, and more information can be found on our website: http://tripleju.mp

⇨ Patreon: https://Patreon.com/TeamTripleJump
⇨ Twitch: https://Twitch.tv/TeamTripleJump
⇨ Podcast: https://play.acast.com/s/triplejump
⇨ Twitter: https://Twitter.com/TeamTripleJump
⇨ Facebook: https://Facebook.com/TeamTripleJump
⇨ Discord: http://Bit.ly/TeamTripleJump

Follow the boys on Twitter:
Ben: http://www.twitter.com/Confused_Dude
Peter: http://www.twitter.com/ThatPeterAustin

Follow the boys on Instagram:
Ben: https://www.instagram.com/BenPotter20
Peter: https://instagram.com/ThatPeterAustin

The TripleJump Podcast is hosted in Acast, but available on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and more!
Acast: https://play.acast.com/s/triplejump

1. Kyriakos Karallis on January 8, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Mega drive/ genesis, And NES should of been higher on the list, especially higher than the ps4, ps3 and xbox. Plus the Dreamcast was the online console before the original xbox

2. SleepingGiant on January 8, 2020 at 9:36 pm

I have since moved onto Computers completely, but of the Consoles I owned during my Childhood to now I would rank them

7 = *Atari2600* – I was too Young to really appreciate what this System was but I definitely remember playing it, it was already a very old console at that time too
    6 = *Wii U* – I skipped the Wii for it’s motion controls and didn’t really care for this, the last console I ever bought and the Worst
    ===============================
    /////////////////////WALL/////////////////////////
    ===============================
    5 = *GameCube* – Super Smash Bros Melee is the greatest Smash game ever Fight Me
    4 = *Super Nintendo* – I remember renting Games from BlockBuster Video back in the Day, so many memories
    3 = *Xbox* – I didn’t even want this console when we got it, I was a Nintendo fanboy like you wouldn’t believe and physically felt sick it felt like I was betraying Nintendo (I swear there was some kinda brainwashing shit going on back then lol)
    2 = *Xbox 360* – somehow they made it better, best controller ever, the last great console for me before I became a member of the PC MasterRace
    1 = *N64* – maybe it’s mostly Nostalgia, but I remember turning this on for the first time to Diddy Kong Racing of all things and being just mesmerized by how big of a graphical jump this was over the Super Nintendo, I get chills to this day thinking of Ocarina of Time’s Music, Area’s and Bosses

3. Imgema on January 8, 2020 at 9:36 pm

This list is weird. Something like Nichibutsu My Vision is rated better than CPS Changer (that has some amazing games at least) or the 64DD and there was nothing good about it, even by the standards of this video.

4. budal15 on January 8, 2020 at 9:39 pm

The spot on the list of N64 I think is perfect. Butafter you listed these 6 games, well, the list doesn’t go on. This is basically it. Maybe 2 more but that’s all. Not that I hate N64 (although it is my least fav N console, never tried the Wii U though) but even these mentioned games are the most overhyped, not really that great, games of all time. Mostly because N lovers were so incredibly mad that Sony won the generation that they made these games more than they actually are. Good games, but Spyro beats Mario 64 on every level, same for CTR vs. Mario Kart 64. The N64 just couldn’t get it right.

5. GamingFluxx 88 on January 8, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I haven’t even started try he video but I can already tell this is going to trigger SO many people!!

6. megapro125 on January 8, 2020 at 9:39 pm

expectd soulja game on the #1 spot 🙁

7. Hyde V D L on January 8, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Please make a video about handhelds! I love handheld consoles!

8. adankseason ADS on January 8, 2020 at 9:40 pm

I had a Vectrex. It was pretty decent. I think it brings much higher on the list.

9. Victor B on January 8, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Oh shit the Sega Pico above the xbox one… I did write a comment… aaaaand posted!

10. buck pyles on January 8, 2020 at 9:41 pm

number 1 game counsel maker ever COMPUTER LOL

11. Sega Re-trop-vieux on January 8, 2020 at 9:42 pm

Lol the Atari better than the saturn…

Well I think your ranking is a bit weird.

12. Logic N. Reasoning on January 8, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Not sure why the PS3 ranked higher than the PS4.

13. Chef Mike Rowave on January 8, 2020 at 9:43 pm

The reason why that Tandy console was ONLY sold at Radio Shack was because Tandy was a SUBSIDIARY of RADIO SHACK. Meaning RADIO SHACK OWNED THE TANDY BRAND/label. Still a crap console though.

14. Kyriakos Karallis on January 8, 2020 at 9:44 pm

List should of been. 1.PS2, 2. NES, 3. Xbox 360, 4. Atari 2600, 5. Genesis/ MegaDrive, 6. PSOne. Although personally my list would be 1. Genesis/ MegaDrive, 2. Dreamcast, 3. NES, 4. Xbox 360, 5. Atari 2600 and 6. PSOne

15. Evil Josh on January 8, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Can someone tell me what that game is at timestamp 1:23:45. I remember playing it as a kid. I don’t remember the name, but I remember the cover.

16. Mr Pieraldi on January 8, 2020 at 9:46 pm

the major flaw with this is that it doesn’t include the general popularity of gaming and population playing at a time…

17. budal15 on January 8, 2020 at 9:46 pm

The Gamecube lost to a newcomer just like the N64 did. It was nothing new a new failure.

18. ChuckIzChillin _ on January 8, 2020 at 9:47 pm

Dude… Xboxone is way better than wii U!! And switch is a handheld!!

19. PineKushDude on January 8, 2020 at 9:48 pm

BEST. 1. Genesis 2. Atari 2600 3. The original NES

20. Chole Lane on January 8, 2020 at 9:49 pm

The biggest reason why the ps 2 wich exactly is the ps4 kikstarted all of the shit boxes & the ps wich is exactly the ps 5 & ps3

21. MESSI 82 on January 8, 2020 at 9:50 pm

Horseshit top 15!

22. Jeffrey Ewald on January 8, 2020 at 9:51 pm

You should do every handheld console ranked

23. Daniel Bridger on January 8, 2020 at 9:51 pm

OMG my favorite console, the vectrex, is ranked 62nd out of 92! 😔 but this is still an amazing video 😊

24. Daniel LaDue on January 8, 2020 at 9:51 pm

I would have to say that X-Box was the most revolutionary. The fact that you could play cd’s dvd’s and built in memory was astounding at the time. Being able to save your progress without a memory card felt like heaven.

25. Chase Schleich on January 8, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Atari 2600 should be #1! We haven’t been able to match it’s pure graphical power even today.

26. Plinio - Michigan on January 8, 2020 at 9:53 pm

“The best” is relative. It depends of the angle you are looking. Sales mean nothing…

27. hot dog water on January 8, 2020 at 9:54 pm

when i worked at kmart in the early ’10s those v-tech games used to fly off the shelf. we couldn’t stock the shelves fast enough. theyd be gone the day wed get the shipment. and not just during holidays

28. MapleMilk on January 8, 2020 at 9:54 pm

I can’t even be any percent mad about this list
    When the damn CD-i made the top 40, you had to sift through so much crap
    at that point I respect the effort
    Like when you had to play EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE, who cares where you put the Turbografx 16?

29. TripleJump on January 8, 2020 at 9:55 pm

What did you make of our rankings? What else would you like to see us rank from worst to best? LET US KNOW!

30. Stuart Rodgers on January 8, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Vasio Loppy 1995 !

31. Austin Starke on January 8, 2020 at 9:56 pm

I’m probably stoned enough to watch this whole video

32. Blurpee24(Ren) on January 8, 2020 at 9:56 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Can we get some time stamps for this video! for crying out load man!

33. Nu-Punk Rants on January 8, 2020 at 9:56 pm

Dreamcast was the greatest. Jk

34. Jason Dole on January 8, 2020 at 9:57 pm

First – this was a great vid with lots of info. An amazing undertaking!

My gripes: For being so high on the list, there wasn’t much said about the Master System. Didn’t even mention it’s truly unique 3-D system or ANY of its games.
    Also, it’s crucial to have criteria or you couldn’t make a list like this, but at some point you have to have a basic understanding of what "greatness" is. The Genesis and especially the 2600 should be in the top 10 greatest consoles of all time.

But again, I like the list and had fun watching. Thanks!

35. Sirmi98 on January 8, 2020 at 10:05 pm

That top ten is just nuts

36. Toni Bufu on January 8, 2020 at 10:05 pm

And still, even in this day, some people play some, PS3 games as online, so servers are not dead/empty yet + Netflix, Blockbuster and Crunchyroll works on PS3 too, really well.

37. SirMeatwad on January 8, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Dude I had videosmarts as a kid and I loved it. Was NOT expecting that to show up on this list

38. Shawn Rozell on January 8, 2020 at 10:08 pm

You put the ps4 and ps3 over the Nintendo switch??you just made my shit list pal..

39. Yackable Johnson on January 8, 2020 at 10:10 pm

you missed many.

40. MapleMilk on January 8, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Shout out to the person who made subtitles for this video they put some good jokes in there

41. David Greenhough on January 8, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Where is intellivision 2?

42. Kolpax on January 8, 2020 at 10:18 pm

46:48 holy audio change Batman!

43. MAKSTR on January 8, 2020 at 10:24 pm

just skip to 1:35:00 unless you want to know the names n models of game consoles you never knew and don’t care.

44. Mikael Blombäck on January 8, 2020 at 10:25 pm

It’s a bit intresting to think about what would had happen if Nintendo hadn’t cut the cords with Sony in making a CD based system for Snes. What would have been then ? 😀

45. Sweetestsadist on January 8, 2020 at 10:26 pm

I clicked on this video just to make a joke comment about how you left out Videosmarts…

…You got me, TripleJump. You got me.

46. hope dies on January 8, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Crazy Pucker! 😂

47. Chef Mike Rowave on January 8, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Imagine if the Vectrex was released three years later. The reason why it failed was because it was released extremely close to the North American console crash. Had nothing to do with the system being bad. It was just poor timing. Makes we wish they went ahead and developed that hand-held version they were planning.

48. Richard Wentford on January 8, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I owned the Xbox 360. I’d struggle to put in the top 10. N64 is my favourite console of all time but I’d personally give the SNES the top console ever made.

49. chris Evans on January 8, 2020 at 10:30 pm

pico over xbox one yall r my heros

50. Erykthebat on January 8, 2020 at 10:31 pm