Top 10 Most Underrated Game Consoles – Gamester81

Top 10 Most Underrated Game Consoles – Gamester81

There have been a lot of different game consoles to hit the market over the years, and some have done well and some not so much. Here is my list of top ten game systems that I feel are underrated.

Countdown voice over provided by Erek from https://www.youtube.com/user/CrosroadsReviews

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Gamester81FanPage
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gamester81
Instagram: http://instagram.com/gamester81
Website: http://gamester81.com
My Star Wars fan site: http://swnut77.com

Help support the show & buy Gamester81 T-shirts at: http://www.chopshopgoods.com/category_s/1951.htm

Video intro by both Vlad Iacob and audio by Jason Heine https://www.youtube.com/user/TheEMUreview

1. sleazypig on January 16, 2020 at 9:47 pm

Neo Geo was not overlooked. We all knew it was great but it cost way to much.

2. Sharif Sourour on January 16, 2020 at 9:49 pm

I also bought Dreamcast on day one, and never bought PS2 to this day.

3. Hubblebub Lumbubwub on January 16, 2020 at 9:49 pm

If everyone thinks the Gamecube is underratet, is it still underrated? Great console though.

4. Jackie on January 16, 2020 at 9:49 pm

The Turbografx had an 8 bit CPU and a dual 16-bit GPU — not two 8-bit processors. You might be thinking of the marketing ploy that Atari did for the Jaguar, which was marketed as 64 bit due to its 32-bit CPU and 32-GPU.

5. Nintendo Bowler on January 16, 2020 at 9:50 pm

The Wii U is also one of the underrated consoles and this underrated console is the best with a lot of best games like Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon (my all time favorite Nintendo game and franchise) but the reason the Wii U is one of the underrated consoles. 1. Casual and Hard core Nintendo gamers understand the difference of Wii and Wii U unlike younger consumers are confused, 2. Like the Wii the Wii U has a lack of 3rd party games but much worse 3. Many consumers thought the Wii U Gamepad was portable but it wasn’t

6. demonyny on January 16, 2020 at 9:51 pm

My top 2 are 2) neo geo 1) dreamcast I can almost put dreamcast 2nd as I am a huge fighting game head

7. G Ryen on January 16, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I would put the Sega Saturn in my top 5…..

8. Joshua Ooi on January 16, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I miss my old Dreamcast. My PS2 never gave me the "arcade feel" like my DC did. It is my favourite console of all time. Had so many awesome gaming moments with it….

9. Jeff Ross on January 16, 2020 at 9:53 pm

the WiiU is underrated !

10. David Fox on January 16, 2020 at 9:53 pm

LOVE the Dream cast especially Let’s Get the rumble 3 boxing game the One Canada was really sexy in it

11. Docter Zaius on January 16, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Who else thinks he only made this top 10 video because he wanted to talk about the Colecovision? lol

12. Planet Gaming on January 16, 2020 at 9:55 pm

I got MY dreamcast at a garage sale for $15!

13. RoseOfTheNight4444 on January 16, 2020 at 9:56 pm

I just got super chipper when I saw that the elderly dude in the Sega Gamer Gear commercial was playing Sonic then super depressed because he’s probably passed away by now 😢

14. Super Mastodon on January 16, 2020 at 9:56 pm

I agree with everything… except for the Virtual Boy, that thing suuuucks!

15. johnnyxsi on January 16, 2020 at 9:58 pm

Thank you for mentioning Colecovision, my favorite system and also holds a place in my heart.

16. Ancient Electronics on January 16, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Funny, Dreamcast is the one system I really liked at first but as time went on I found myself liking it less and less. I think it comes down mostly to genre. I mostly like RPG’s and shooters. The Dreamcast is hardly an RPG powerhouse and many of the RPG’s it does have got arguably superior ports. as for shooters its largely the same scenario and the few exclusives it does have are priced ridiculously. The N64 is the opposite for me. I hated it at first but as time when on I found a lot of quirky and interesting games on it even outside of my preferred genres and I cant really say that’s happened to me with the Dreamcast.

17. Dirk B on January 16, 2020 at 10:01 pm

The Sega Master System didnt do wel in every European country. I am from the Netherlands. And growing up everybody i knew had a NES. I just started collecting SMS and i must say i am glad i did. Love the system. To bad i grew up playing NES when i could have been playing this awsome system.

18. Michael Atamian on January 16, 2020 at 10:04 pm

neo geo pocket

19. Scooter Kid on January 16, 2020 at 10:04 pm

GameCube xbox

20. MerlinWorld on January 16, 2020 at 10:09 pm

If you go back even more, 1 of the most underrated console of the early 80s was the Gemini console from Coleco. I had the Atari 2600 and ColecoVision consoles but the Atari could only play Atari games and the ColecoVision console could only play Coleco games while the Gemini console could play BOTH the Atari and Coleco games!! I remember being jealous of my friend who had it back then.

21. Angel on January 16, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Cool review G81! Im a huge fan of your channel. You do such a great job with all your vids and reviews. Im always learning something new about retro games,gaming,and consoles! For me the Turbo GrafX 16 was always a great console that should have gotten more love than it did. I loved playing Bonk as a kid and to this day its great! As well as the gamecube I really enjoyed the console and alot of its games. Keep up the awesome work bro!

22. Dallas Dal on January 16, 2020 at 10:10 pm

A lot of people liked and still like the Dreamcast how can you say it was underrated?

23. Sasqautch on January 16, 2020 at 10:11 pm

I wanted a Gamecube i went for PS2 though , but really wanted a Gamecube too but had to choose one and seeing GTA3 and all the games i picked PS2 , The funny thing i loved Smackdown 2 on PS1 , And i saw Gamecube got its own WrestleMania game and i wanted to play it so bad , Then i hear about how it was terrible a few years a go and was so glad i never played that game after all these years.

24. Alpha Alloy on January 16, 2020 at 10:11 pm

What About the Jaguar

25. Marcos Pavan Gobbo on January 16, 2020 at 10:12 pm

In Brazil the master system reigns as the retro console. the nintendo skipped a generation to get here.

26. TacticalPower88 on January 16, 2020 at 10:14 pm

nvidia sheild is pretty good

27. MaxPap on January 16, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Gamecube was only underrated when it came out. Today, everyone loves the Gamecube !

28. DragonKaiser on January 16, 2020 at 10:16 pm

the virtual boy was horrible it strains your eyes

29. oasisbeyond on January 16, 2020 at 10:18 pm

Everyone wanted an NES instead os Sega Master System. I went to buy an NES and they had no more, so I took a Sega system. As a kid I wasn’t thinking straight. Got home, and the system didn’t have the two games they showed on the box. So my God Father brought me back and get a NES… Best move ever! I didn’t know the games were installed in the system itself.

30. DanielSong39 on January 16, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Neo Geo Pocket and Wonderswan were also good portable systems though they had a short shelf life.

31. 10072018 on January 16, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Happy to see the Lynx, most people don’t understand what a powerhouse it was, graphically it outperformed home consoles of the time.

32. Malik Ali on January 16, 2020 at 10:22 pm

The GameCube is one of my favorite consoles

33. eliete daniel on January 16, 2020 at 10:23 pm

There is one more underrated console: the Game Boy Advance. Most of its games were released late in the console’s life, such as Rhythm Tengoku, (And the fact that this game was released when the DS was already out is the reason WHY this game was never released outside of Japan) Warioware Twisted (One of the most underrated games ever, in my opinion) (To the point that it’s worthless to launch a game on the GBA, as the DS was already out by the time these games were released), had only 1 launch title (and even then, the only game released in the early-mid 2000s for the GBA) (I think Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga was launched when the DS was out, in Summer 2005 I think) (Wario Land 4 was released by the middle of the Nintendo DS’ life, in 2007 I think on the GBA) (The competition with GBA and DS is as worthless as a competition with VHS and DVD, as the most powerful (and winner) in each was always the latter one) and if the game was a port for GBA, that one is ALWAYS the best (In my opinion, the PlayStation 2 is very overrated, one of the worst consoles ever, and the PS2 makes CD-i, Virtual Boy and even N-Gage look like the GBA, the best console ever in my opinion)

34. john on January 16, 2020 at 10:25 pm

I didn’t like ps2. I thought well and truly overrated.

35. W140 Chris on January 16, 2020 at 10:26 pm

The Game Gear and Wii U are underrated.

36. Quinn Reiswig on January 16, 2020 at 10:27 pm

What!? No one else’s most underrated console is the Texas Instruments TI994A …well really thats totally cool because its actually labelled as a home computer and Texas Instruments are much more known for making calculators. But to me I will always hold a special place in my heart for the T.I. 994A and its games being that it was the ONLY time in my 30plus years of gaming that my pops (father) would play video games with me. But being honest I gotta say the games like A-mazing and Parsec were at best horrible! When the T.I.994a overheated it made this awful sound that still haunts my dreams to this day. Rock on Texas Instruments

37. swoll1980 on January 16, 2020 at 10:27 pm

2 8 bit chips working together on a 16 bit bus = 16 bits. you’re processing 16 bits at a time.

38. boob slime on January 16, 2020 at 10:28 pm

”fm towns marty” is the most underrated. i didn’t even know it was even a thing till a year ago.

39. DanielSong39 on January 16, 2020 at 10:30 pm

A lot of these game consoles were successful, they just didn’t happen to be the dominant console of its era.

40. Robert Rogers on January 16, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Good List, What I like about your show is you give good reviews most others just slam things and give crappy ratings. You keep it real…

41. Amanda Lochmann on January 16, 2020 at 10:33 pm

playstation tv and the vita

42. Jerome on January 16, 2020 at 10:33 pm

No PSP…that should have been on the list

43. Rodenknight on January 16, 2020 at 10:34 pm

1891??

44. L on January 16, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Fast forward to #1 and I knew DC would be number 1 😉

45. RoseOfTheNight4444 on January 16, 2020 at 10:36 pm

AHHHHH, I was *not* expecting to see the Dreamcast on here! My precious baby made it ;3; Sega, come back…

I honestly want a Dreamcast 2 and a bundle of SA1, SA2 and the elusive SA3 on it. And also, as crazy as it sounds, Sonic Shuffle too (maybe that bundled with a Sonic Shuffle 2 as well).

46. VioletButterfly on January 16, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Anything Sega has been underrated. IT’s always been overshadowed by Nintendo.

47. Evan Wright on January 16, 2020 at 10:38 pm

No Sega Saturn but the virtual boy makes the list. Other than that great list. This is my list

1. Dreamcast
    2. Turbografx-16
    3. Saturn
    4. Gamecube
    5. Mastersystem
    6. Neo geo
    7. Wii U
    8. 3DO
    9. Vertex
    10. FM Towns Marty

48. gingersleep on January 16, 2020 at 10:39 pm

My #1 is 3DO. Got one as a kid the year it was released. My parents loved it just as much as me so I ended up with tons of games for it. I love how 2-player friendly the console is, and how much variety it has. Best party console from the 90’s. Sure a lot of games are dumb, like all the FMV stuff, but I think those dumb FMV games are incredible fun.

49. hannah bell on January 16, 2020 at 10:39 pm

hmm nice list but one gripe why GameCube ? although no one is always right its just nearly everyone has a GameCube and it revolutionized gaming competitions with smash melee look it up there plenty!So I just wanted to point out its not underrated and at number 2? REALLY!? number 10 at best.

50. oasisbeyond on January 16, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Worst thing I ever bought with my Christmas Money as a child was the GameGear. It’s cool thing to have, but when you only have one game for it… It got old quick, so I sold it at a pawn shop as a kid lol. But, the worst of worst… Is the Playstation Tv. I only played it for a good 2 hours max and they were 2 old games. It’s in a box now 🙁