CONNECT Your GAME CONSOLES to HDTVs

CONNECT Your GAME CONSOLES to HDTVs

I have 40 years worth of game consoles connected to two televisions in my Game Room, one is a new HDTV & the other an older tube CRT TV. Here is how I connect them in detail.

Equipment I Use:
Monoprice 103027 4-Port Component Video Switch with IR Learning
Gigaware Universal Gaming Component Cable With Switch 26-1542
Monoprice 6FT 4 in 1 Component Cable for Xbox 360, Wii, PS3 and PS2
Enko Mini Composite RCA CVBS AV to HDMI Converter (Input: AV; Output: HDMI)
VGA S-Video Adapter [RETROBIT] for Dreamcast

Twitter: http://twitter.com/MetalJesusRocks
Facebook: http://facebook.com/MetalJesusRocks
Site: http://www.MetalJesusRocks.com

Please use the links below to get deals & help support Metal Jesus Rocks!

Support Metal Jesus on Patreon: http://goo.gl/wi7PpW
Buy old DOS & PC games at GOG.com * http://goo.gl/Ezudc7
MetalJesus T-shirts & stickers * http://metaljesusrocks.redbubble.com

1. mogwai_for_sale on January 20, 2020 at 9:58 pm

a "better" solution, in my humble opinion, would be to get a CRT tv for the retro consoles and keep them separate from the modern HDMI consoles. anything that is component or earlier would benefit being played on the CRT with far superior picture quality. all you would need is a video matrix switcher box which often have composite and component inputs — 8, 16 or 24 inputs on one device — which makes the process far more convenient. the extron series are among the more popular choices out there and can be found on ebay for decent prices these days as they are old and less desirable for modern purposes.

2. RGBGamer on January 20, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Do yourself a favor and get an ossc and use scart and scart switchers

3. Post Human Era on January 20, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Kinda of a stretch calling KRK’s ‘really nice’ monitors

4. Lillahi Tehuti on January 20, 2020 at 10:03 pm

He got all the old consoles.

5. Calvin C on January 20, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Has anyone tried the OSSC Retro Game Converter yet? any good?

6. DarkSoul on January 20, 2020 at 10:04 pm

nice video! I just saw it…but i got some cool ideas for my future game room. thanks!

7. Xavier Gomez on January 20, 2020 at 10:05 pm

So i got Ps2 how do I convert that to make it look good on my hdtv

8. Robbie robbie on January 20, 2020 at 10:05 pm

How did you hook up the audio from the game systems and turntable to the mackie?

9. Elliot Thorkelson on January 20, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Is it better to have a converter from composite to hdmi or to just have the hdmi cord for the n64?

10. Jew Hunter on January 20, 2020 at 10:09 pm

This guy sounds like trey Parker

11. Christopher Winspear on January 20, 2020 at 10:10 pm

PS3…Xbox 360…..why not just direct HDMI?

12. Casey Cotten on January 20, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Question. I have only a few old game systems! Ranging from Intellivision to Sega. I have a Samsung sled tv that has a coax!!! But its not recognizing anything plugged in. Darn new smart tvs! Im going crazy wanting to play my Intellivision! Nes works fine. But on this tv the Intellivision is not wanting to party. Im looking for an RF to orca adapter but can’t find anything. any ideas?

13. piloy85 on January 20, 2020 at 10:11 pm

You need a update video this is bad

14. Wayloski on January 20, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Sweet Metal Jesus, thatโ€™s a lot of wires!

15. Austin - CNM on January 20, 2020 at 10:13 pm

I like your setup in your Game room, it looks " fantastic". Thanks for your video metal Jesus rocks, God bless you, have wonderful day, ๐Ÿ˜ƒโ˜ž๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ”›๐Ÿ“บ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ

16. Kawaii Games on January 20, 2020 at 10:14 pm

So if I just want to connect Wii to HDTV what do you suggest? I bought that cheap hdmi converter on ebay for wii, it looks good on TV but elgato captures all footage with interlaced lines when I move fast, so its useless!

17. Luis Sergio Perez-Becerra on January 20, 2020 at 10:15 pm

4:00

18. Charanjeet Goraya on January 20, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Hey gies for my wii I got wii2 HDMI for my tv and it works for my WII

19. Boki Ball on January 20, 2020 at 10:19 pm

there is a hidden service menu on modern tv’s. Wouldn’t it be possible to configure everything to have a nice image, or scanlines, or whatever using these menus? most generic code is "menu" button, then 1147, for a lot of tv’s. But, depending of your tv model, codes may differ. And there is sometimes more than just one service code. On my tv’s, there is also a "hotel" config code. Some tv’s can activate pvr on all channels (HDMI, etc…)with these menus for exemple. There is really a lot of "customisations" possible with these menus.

20. Andy Benevides on January 20, 2020 at 10:19 pm

Gamecube looks great with the digital out component cables if yours was bought before 2004.
    Many don’t realize that the cube supports progressive scan mode by holding down B before powering on the console. It looks great

21. attilathehun0 on January 20, 2020 at 10:22 pm

RF converter no that’s so wrong. Those old atari games are and were available on systems like ps and xbox.

22. BigSexe on January 20, 2020 at 10:23 pm

JESUS……๐Ÿค˜

23. Lunitaproductions on January 20, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Eww Outdated >.>

24. Technologyadvisor1 on January 20, 2020 at 10:28 pm

can you help me? I have a old commadore amiga cd32 it has composite and svhs out I have a smart samsung hdtv. which way is best to connect it up composite yellow and 2 phono audio cables to the tv or get a upscaler device but some seem cheap Chinese crap, I did try to connect svhs but all I get is a black and white image on screen. my samsung tv has an external adapter cable input with a scart socket as well as a 3.5 jack with 3 phono cable adapter. but again s-video is just black and white for some reason I tryed and old plasma tv that has scart socket and s-video is still black and white so whats best way to connect. I currently can connect composite direct to the tv with a scart adapter but have thought is a upscaler device better quality ? and what about s-video?

25. Shawn Brown on January 20, 2020 at 10:29 pm

anyone know a good (and affordable) way to get a PS2 to output to 1080P to HDMI?

26. J K on January 20, 2020 at 10:30 pm

@MetalJesusRocks

I have converted most of my older consoles to HDMI if available (like n64 ultraHDMI), component to HDMI for ps2, GC and OGxbox, And anything composite with no other option without a ton of bulk (Saturn) I leave it as composite to the hdtv… possibly looking into s video to HDMI in the future. Only things using it’s original connection are the 2600 thru coaxial and the Saturn.

All the HDMI consoles are run through either an open input on my surround sound receiver (4k and 5.1 sound) or put through a 7 port HDMI switch (1080p)

EVERYTHING in the system is controlled by remote, which I have programmed (very long and painfully, to learn what works and what doesn’t) into a logitech harmony remote.. with a harmony Hub for alexa compatibility.

It slims down on alot of wires to convert to HDMI, as expensive as it may be for some consoles, and to connect with component to the TV’s existing component input where possible.

Now I can just say "Alexa, play atari 2600"

Helps alot to have a harmony hub, a TV with alexa compatibility, and a shitton of time to program the remote and create alexa commands for each device… Though alexa is an unnecessary part of the whole setup… you can just use the graphical interface on the remote.

HDMI from the board conversion matters alot for me as I care about the surround sound encoding not being lost in conversion. Alot of first party Nintendo and Rare titles all have surround sound (Dolby Digital I think), and TONS of ps2/xbox/GC games also have surround sound tracks that are worth hearing. All the composite to HDMI upscalers usually only handle stereo and no surround formats.

27. Andrew Isip on January 20, 2020 at 10:30 pm

2019 UPDATE PLEASE!

28. Slavimir Mladjovski on January 20, 2020 at 10:32 pm

great!

29. Roxy Coco on January 20, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Would it be better to upscale svideo to HDMI?

30. David Carlson on January 20, 2020 at 10:32 pm

I’m looking for a way to convert RF to AV so I can output to a fairly modern LCD monitor or TV. Besides using an old VCR, what are some other decent-quality options I could use? I’m looking into collecting some old vintage computers and game consoles that only output RF but I also don’t want to get a CRT for now.

31. Maximillian Cairo on January 20, 2020 at 10:33 pm

I have a 4k LG 43 inch TV. And just got a n64. Can somebody send me a link for a quality site for the converters for hdmi?

32. TheGem Dropper on January 20, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Gamers are almost always satanic

33. Burgundy Bear on January 20, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Shout out to the If You Have Ghosts EP on the turntable!!

34. shooter4hire shooter4hire on January 20, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Jesus …you rock bro

35. highcheeseman667 on January 20, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Ok i know your a gamer but do you have any retro dvd, vhs bata or old datadisk ways of playing to your tv.

36. Lopsided Dragoon on January 20, 2020 at 10:39 pm

37. LennonOllieJackod on January 20, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Hey what do you think is the best way to plug in the systems? I have tons of consoles and lots of extension cables,wire strips etc. And all conveniently labeled but it’s a pain because I only have so many outlets that I can use, so it is annoying plugging in and out all the plugs.

38. Fernando Mancinelli on January 20, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Hi @MetalJesusRocks huge fan from Buenos aires city , Argentina (latin america) i wanted to ask you what if i have just one pc monitor that i want to use with my NES , Sega , Psone , Ps2 that are all composite cables , Ps3 and well obviously Ps4 are HDMI , my pc monitor has only HDMI so what type of Composite to Hdmi Converter would you recommend ? I really dont care too much about the audio in my case cause i still dont have really good speakers but for the sake of nostalgia. haha , Love your videos ! Sincerely yours Fernando.

39. Maximus DM7 on January 20, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Can’t find a video on your channel using the Wii2HDMI adapter for the Nintendo Wii or the Playstation PS2 equivalent. Gotta be the biggest bargains for getting HDMI out of an older console. Tech doesn’t have to be expensive to give good results. Both sell for around $3 to $6 each.

40. JCeverything on January 20, 2020 at 10:45 pm

Did I seriously think one av to TV channel 3 and a hdmi splitter was a lot

41. Brayden Brown on January 20, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Think you could do an updated version of video ?, itโ€™s been four years…

42. Starkey Family Fixing and Rigging Up on January 20, 2020 at 10:46 pm

I have ran into an issue, I bought an Elgato HD60 S , and was told that using an upscale I can play my older Nintendo systems on twitch. I tried my Wii and the gamecube side , a gamecube, n64 and it passes thru to the led tv and plays fine . The elgato program on my laptop says it canโ€™t do a 480 res. My upscaler has a switch for 720 and 1080 . I dismissed it as a bad upscaler and ordered another from amazon same thing . I called elgato and they sent me a link for and upscaler, same thing that I bought 2 of .

43. Momzilla on January 20, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Hi MJR Wow, what an adventure in the Cable World! I saw that you were using a Radio Shack switcher to connect your
    VCR and DVD. Could you give me a suggestion?
    I have HDMI TV and Digital Cable, but I want to start using my old VCR again.
    It works fine enough in Play, but in Record, the picture is worse than acceptable, even on Chanel 3.
    I know that there are Digital to Analog Converters, but I don’t want to downgrade my HD signal all the time.
    Is there a way that I can switch back and forth while getting a decent signal for the VCR, without pulling the VCR out from the cabinet where all the wires are tied up nicely?
    Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

44. This Is Who I Am on January 20, 2020 at 10:48 pm

Wt about the Top loader? ๐Ÿค” does anyone know?!

45. michealmojang on January 20, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Why does nobody talk about how to power all the consoles?

46. Ellie Littlehales on January 20, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Please can someone tell me how I can connect my nes, mega drive and master system using a rca av splitter? They all have rf cable jacks only on the back, thank you

47. Chris Stokes on January 20, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Is secret of mana actually any good? Never played it.

48. ItsMiller Bud on January 20, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Sweet my man, my set up is similar, just slightly more expensive hdmi switcher, love u have a vinyl set up and multiple tvs as well. Keep rockin

49. B Sanchez on January 20, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Hdmi is the only one that can hook up to a tv an the other is coaxial cables

50. Austin - CNM on January 20, 2020 at 10:57 pm

And one more thing, a VCR๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘ is always good to have around to watch old memories as a kid & any other VHS moives like the Star War Trilogy VHS tapes. And their also great for hooking up other composite cable from, such as Nintendo 64, Xbox. But the only down fall is when you plug the composite cables from your older game consoles to have Video / Audio L&R, you have to have the VCR on & HD TV, n because if you have your t.v., older console on and not your VCR player you will not have any Picture nor Audio coming out of your HD T.v., the reason I say this is that I do this because it’s Easier to do this & theirs no breaking๐Ÿ˜ซ a sweat &hassle. Also saves me money so I can have it in my pocket. Thanks again metal Jesus Rocks for your "Amazing" tech Gear stuff, as I would say " MAY THE RETRO GAMING BE WITH YOU". Oh yeah.. retro gaming is Fantastic , WOOH! OH YEAH ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ“บ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽถ’.