NO CELL PHONES OUT ON ROLLER COASTERS!!!

NO CELL PHONES OUT ON ROLLER COASTERS!!!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/k3Dc2qA

Sources:
my own personal first hand experience, the experience of other ride operators, and several other long time coaster riders.

Video of people using phones on rides used with fair use: https://youtu.be/GQNwBAJufKo

1. Jay Kay on February 1, 2020 at 10:20 pm

One time I dropped a walllet with my plane ticket in it back home, and they told me they couldn’t get it, so I jumped the fuckin fence and got it myself, and got thrown out and fined, but I still got on that plane ride home

2. Eggo My Leggo on February 1, 2020 at 10:23 pm

You aren’t gonna take it seriously unless you’ve seen that one Final Destination movie.
    You know what I’m talking about.

3. Cameron PG Ritchey on February 1, 2020 at 10:23 pm

When I worked at six flags I got smacked while doing testing the ride that shit hurts

4. Ignited on February 1, 2020 at 10:23 pm

I dont go on roller coasters so yea this wont be a problem

5. Sean Lewis on February 1, 2020 at 10:25 pm

@ 1:35 misdemeanor? SHOULD BE A FELONY….CAUSE SOME SELF-ENTITLED KNUCKLEHEADS(ESPECIALLY WOMEN, 8’s—10’s!!!!, CASE IN POINT @ 2:01) STIIIILL WON’T GET IT!!!!

Punishment SHOULD BE 3-5 years in prison, 5 yrs probation, and 2500-3000 hrs of community service for the offenders. And for minors: banned from ANY parks for 3 yrs—5 years max.

*DON’T @ ME, MUTHA F’AHS!!!!!!😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠*

6. Xathira Stormshredder on February 1, 2020 at 10:27 pm

In line for The Racers at Kings Island, we had to watch on of the ops do the walk of shame to retrieve a woman’s cell phone before the train got even halfway up the lift. It’s obnoxious enough that this selfish dingdong made everyone else wait longer – I can’t imagine how much getting nailed with a cellphone on that ride would hurt!

7. Rotten Eggs on February 1, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Someone pulled their phone out on GOLIATH sfgam and the op tried to stop the lifthill but was way too late because she didnt see the op who told her early enough

8. Toasty Hoodie on February 1, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Will you cover how the YouTubers like TPR and Coaster Studios get their on ride?

9. Deaths Hands100 on February 1, 2020 at 10:30 pm

At Cedar Point they will remove you from the park if you have your cell phone out on a ride

10. Flora Von Lindsey on February 1, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Did you work at CP in 2018? That’s the year I worked I wasn’t an operator but I worked in the Arcade 😛

11. Jeffrey Freed on February 1, 2020 at 10:32 pm

I got lucky first launch on cheetah hunt my phone fell out my pocket on top the roof of cheetah holding pen Busch gardens called the number I gave next day saying the have it got it back not a scratch on it I learned my lesson

12. Pennsylvania Bear on February 1, 2020 at 10:33 pm

People;Bringing phone on ride
    Me:JUST GET A CAMERA AND A STRAP FOR YOUR HEAD!

13. Justin Shea on February 1, 2020 at 10:33 pm

I’ve luckily avoided any of these type of people!

14. Jennifer Chavira on February 1, 2020 at 10:33 pm

1:05 Goliath from fiesta texas i saw

15. David Perry on February 1, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Use a phone a ride, it can turn into a speeding bullet and badly injury someone.

16. Mike Ford on February 1, 2020 at 10:35 pm

I lost a phone on a coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain not because I pulled it out and tried to record my experience, but because I apparently didn’t have it secured very well. It sucked. This is another incentive now to make sure it is zipped away in one of your pockets, stowed in a locker or cubby provided at the station or left with a non-rider.

17. Biosynthnut on February 1, 2020 at 10:36 pm

I got smacked in the face with a wallet on the last two hills on Superman at 6FNE.
    I almost caught a guys sneaker on Gatekeeper too.

18. Gavin Hanson on February 1, 2020 at 10:36 pm

You clearly have no idea what your talking about at 2:54 Phones data can be extracted after terrible damage by a skilled tech. We fix phones that have fallen out of cars, Been ran over by cars. Fallen of Theme park Rides, dropped in ocean & lakes & pools, dropped off very high balconies & a whole lot more every single month.

19. Larissa Macias on February 1, 2020 at 10:36 pm

i’ve never brought my phone out on a ride, but this is definitely something i’ve never thought of. thanks for bringing it to my attention, although now i’m kinda scared to get on a rollercoaster in fear that i’ll get hit by some idiots phone 🙁

20. Roxas XIII on February 1, 2020 at 10:39 pm

At Hersheypark, when you’re in line for Storm Runner, an Intamin Hydraulic launched coaster reaching 150 ft (45.72 m) and 50 MPH (22.5 m/s). There is a plexiglass box full of destroyed cell phones.

21. FordMustangYT on February 1, 2020 at 10:39 pm

If you want to get capture of that roller coaster ride. Just attach a GoPro camera on your head with the head strap. It’s as simple as that!

22. Benjamin Smith on February 1, 2020 at 10:40 pm

It’s annoying to me. I understand the reasoning, but I have zipper pockets on my shorts that I wear when at a park. My phone is not coming out, let me keep it on me.

23. FarFetched on February 1, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Filming on a ride like this is pointless for multiple reasons,

1: There is a pretty big chance you will lose your phone
    2: Even if you somehow hang on to your phone, your hand is shaky af and your video will be shaky and blurry, making it garbage
    3: 100% of GP film in vertical so that makes it even worse

24. Jan on February 1, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Everyone should do it like Universal and have metal detectors at ride entrances, coupled with free lockers.

25. Cracker on February 1, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Who else was watching this video on a roller coaster?

Jk lmao

26. Jason Ball on February 1, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Not only dangerous to humans, but can take an entire train out of commission too! https://i.redd.it/wboankjdz4h11.jpg

27. Deer Hebel on February 1, 2020 at 10:50 pm

How about go pros

28. Kärnan Fanboy on February 1, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Trains on Gemini:
    Will duel
    GP:
    I‘m gonna stop you right there

29. Vlone.Caleb on February 1, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Knotts berry farm doesn’t mostly have cubbies in some of their roller coaster stations and at that point they will just tell me to put it off to the side. So what do I do? It either a fanny pack or tell my dad to hold it lol

30. EnderCreeper on February 1, 2020 at 10:53 pm

This is a story that I witnessed on a ride. I was in line to get on (a ride that has a hard name to spell) it goes fast both ways meaning back and forth with an upside down loop. While waiting I noticed that something fell from up where the loop is and heard a loud “ Crash” and “snap”. When the ride was over after 10 seconds or 30 (again very fast ride) a man go off with an angry yet panic look on his face. I see many people telling him it broke. After looking forward to where I saw the item I noticed that it was a IPhone and noticed that there was a case with it. That idiot ignore the rule to hand over all loss items and to not pull it out. He just rode a ride that cause many items that I can see break. Security came with the ride staff to confront the man and he wasn’t having any of that. The rule are if you don’t listen to the rule you are kick from the park with no refunds. I laugh at that memory and I made sure to keep my stuff with my dad who doesn’t like rides like those.

31. Poo Band on February 1, 2020 at 10:53 pm

I always use laniards so I can be safe and not risk getting my phone stolen

32. ShadowPuppeh's Gaming Channel on February 1, 2020 at 10:54 pm

It’s not just cell phones though, but those are more common then other things, Sun glasses, coins, lighters (Yes lighters, only seen it once because I was almost hit by it, but it hit the floor and exploded into a fireball near me, was cool though cuz it was dark but still could of hurt. ) Used to work a theme park in FL myself, had an old lady get hit by a cell phone and broke her nose and busted her lip open. Person who lost the phone ended up being charged and banned from the park after they asked about a cell phone. Had another cell phone fly between me and a guest as we were talking, the phone was bent completely in half. Ride Ops were taking peoples cell phones and nailing them into plywood and displaying them by the ride entrances, they don’t stop the ride no matter what if you lost your phone while on a ride you could file a lost item but chances of it even getting back to you in one piece is slim, they took a photo of a phone completely embedded into the side of a wall as well. Either put it into a locker what maybe $1-5 at tops for safe keeping or would you rather spend another $300-1,000+ on a brand new phone? Cause I highly doubt that I took it on a roller coaster and it got smashed is covered under warranty.

33. Kaiju Liam on February 1, 2020 at 10:56 pm

This is why I always where cargo shorts at amusement parks

34. Franklin forthorns on February 1, 2020 at 10:58 pm

1:27 kentucky kingdom

35. Mokujo on February 1, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Look bro, I was at Cedar Point standing near Gatekeeper’s entrance with my back to the coast. I hear a huge shatter and my friends are looking at me like I cheated death. Someone on the first ride you showed in the video (I don’t remember it’s name) had their phone out and it flung out. My friends said it hit the ground and bounced about double my height, then it skid about 5 yards. The iPhone X’s shattered screen was holding onto the bent, fragmented, aluminium chassis by a single wire. Luckily, we found the case a short distance away and it had the owner’s ID. Imagine the look on the sap’s face when he got off the ride with people shouting his name and holding up his new phone

36. Jackson T on February 1, 2020 at 10:59 pm

I remember when my uncle did this on the Green Latern at 6 flags great adventures and he almost got us ejected.

37. Megs on February 1, 2020 at 11:02 pm

I was at Alton Towers. Me and my 2 sisters were queuing for Rita. I seen the woman who was queueing infront of me didnt put her phone away in her purse and she put her purse in the bagging area but took her phone on. A few minutes later when I got off the ride we all went back to where my Nana and Mum were sitting (Near the entrance to Th13teen, at the benches) and she said something along the lines of "Someone’s phone flew off the ride and nearly hit Nana in the head" I was just here like
    *boi*

38. wolf spirit on February 1, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Final destination anyone

39. Max Thrills on February 1, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Dude if you still worked at a theme park you should have daily vlogs of all the things people dropped on the coaster

40. HatterHog on February 1, 2020 at 11:06 pm

I went to knott’s in 2019, and i saw an Iphone fly out of someones pocket and land in the water. R.I.P Iphone, you were bought fast, and broken poor.

41. Judgy Judy on February 1, 2020 at 11:07 pm

Yes, I agree, Not only are you risking dropping your phone that could be very expensive, or it could kill someone else or you! Just enjoy the ride instead of recording!

42. LunaKitty1990 on February 1, 2020 at 11:08 pm

Thanks for the video it really irritates me when doea that especially when some idiot at California Adventure was trying to use a selfie stick on California Screamin

43. Scott D on February 1, 2020 at 11:08 pm

Back in 2005 I whooped out my flip phone on Millenium Force. It had a camera on the outside so I could film even while it was closed and maintain a good grip, but that was well before any of these incidents had been documented and I was still an ignorant child of 21 years. That said, there will always be some idiot that isn’t paying attention and a victim for said idiot. I think I’m gonna start wearing protective gear when I ride 😂

44. Micha on February 1, 2020 at 11:08 pm

Similar to this video’s subject, have you ever thought about making a video about unpleasant experiences you’ve had before with customers/riders?

45. Jasmine Starcher on February 1, 2020 at 11:10 pm

Diamondback at Kings Island has a plexiglass box full of obliterated cellphones. That should put that outside every roller coaster.

46. Newsky79 on February 1, 2020 at 11:12 pm

You’re going to an AMUSEMENT PARK FFS! Leave your phone in your car! check it at lunch if it’s THAT important! I would prefer NOT being bludgeoned by a phone at 60+ mph completely off guard with my hands in the air and my mouth wide open Thank you! 🙂

47. Faith Jones on February 1, 2020 at 11:12 pm

At my home park the ride ops stop the ride when someone has their cell phone out. I rode leviathan twice in a day and both times they stopped the ride at the lift hill because of their phone. People please don’t have your phones out.

48. CSALV on February 1, 2020 at 11:16 pm

What does GP in GP To Enthusiast mean?

49. Lewis on February 1, 2020 at 11:18 pm

This could (usually) always be fixed with onride cameras.

50. Potato King on February 1, 2020 at 11:18 pm

I remember when that person got hit by the Roller coaster at king island

He tried to retrieve a phone he dropped in the middle of tracks and for some reason thought it’s a good idea to go BETWEEN the tracks and retrieve his phone,you can see how that turned out

I was wrong it was actually a wallet