SWITZERLAND | Cell Phones in Switzerland (Plans, Carriers, Vacation)

SWITZERLAND | Cell Phones in Switzerland (Plans, Carriers, Vacation)

***EDIT:
A few months ago we switched from Sunrise to Yallo. I wanted to try it out a bit before recommending it and I have been very happy with the service. Plus it’s very affordable and they always have sales going on. The plans are also no contact which is something I recommend if you’re moving to a new place.

I have a Yallo referral code that gets us both a free month of service!

Click here to sign up and get a free month https://www.yallo.ch/my-friend/yab3awwxw3

Revendo: https://revendo.ch/
Swisscom: https://www.swisscom.ch
Sunrise: https://www.sunrise.ch
Salt: https://www.salt.ch/

*This video is NOT sponsored

Grüezi! Welcome to the most informative and entertaining guide to Switzerland on the Internet! Sarah started How To Switzerland in mid-2018 because she loves Switzerland and wants to share her experience. She hopes to help others who want to move here. Make sure to subscribe to join the family!

☞ Sarah’s main channel https://goo.gl/EGrdLR
☞ Sarah’s Instagram https://goo.gl/kdFbQB

Business Contact:
☞ howtoswitzerland@gmail.com

1. ekspert081 on February 7, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Well there is some informations that are not exactly accurate. Depending on your subscription you can bye a phone with cash or on 2 year instalments, which can not be 50 chf even if a phone cost 1000 chf. And with Swisscom you dont pay for roaming in the EU, you have unlimited calls and mobile internet, same as in Switzerland.

2. Aaron Heiniger on February 7, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Hi just saw an ad for the redbull basement festival. I think I saw you for a split second. Will you be there?

3. Yassin Kol on February 7, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Go to yallow, you will get an unlimitet phone plan for 29chf per month no matter how old you are and you can canzel st every time(they use sunrise internet)🙈🙉🙈

4. Karma Tashi Allemann on February 7, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Swisscom gang, where you at? 🥰

5. Lexie Blands days on February 7, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Ha! Lived here all my life! Literally all my life! Born in a room. Still in the same room. A friend of mine calls this room the hospital or something like that. Know all the basics already. I hope 😂😂

6. David Araujo on February 7, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Swisscom subscription for 60.00/month include unlimited data in Switzerland and 40go/month in Europe since March 2019 ! (and others cool things)

7. Max Van Reilly on February 7, 2020 at 10:39 pm

I’m using Salt unlimited and I don’t think I have to pay roaming in Europe
    I also got the latest iPhone and pay only 10 Francs a month not 50 with the abo
    Never had any troubles with coverage ever

8. caba on February 7, 2020 at 10:40 pm

She didn’t mention you need passport for getting sim card and in some cases proof of address that you live at.

9. Language Lover on February 7, 2020 at 10:41 pm

We pay 29CHF per person, unlimited calls and internet. We are combined with TV though. But no contract. UPC.

10. Toby M on February 7, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Swisscom and Sunrise have good 4G LTE coverage almost everywhere in CH. Salt is much cheaper, but they really only have good connection in the towns. At the countryside they`re also kinda ok most of the time but in the mountains, they suck. And Salt`s customer service is terrible. Personally I use Yallo. They are a daughter of Sunrise an thus use the same cellular towers. They are about half the price of Sunrise, but their customer service is literally 100% crap and incompetent. But that`s what you get for the price. So the cheapest unlimited they`ve got is 29.- but often they have some discounts. I actually have probably the very cheapest flat rate in Switzerland. It`s 21CHF/Month for all unlimited. But that was during black Friday soo yeah.

11. ivy wandia on February 7, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Hey, I recently moved to Switzerland for my masters and as soon as I got accepted I subscribed. Your channel is a literal life saver for those planning on moving here… Kudos!! Continue helping people and you may not know this, but you helped me feel prepared. Thanks

12. alexio610 on February 7, 2020 at 10:45 pm

Hi Sarah! My name is Alessio and I’m gonna move to Zürich from Italy for my studies. I’d like something allowing me to call Swiss and Italian numbers, even when I come back to Italy for Christmas. Do you know anything about it?

13. How To Switzerland on February 7, 2020 at 10:46 pm

***EDIT:
    I have a Yallo referral code that gets us both a free month of service, don’t forget to past the code when signing up!
    Enter this code when signing up! yab3awwxw3

14. Daniel Rowson on February 7, 2020 at 10:48 pm

I’m moving to Zurich in 3 weeks, these videos are all super helpful!

15. biolykurczak on February 7, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Thank you so much for this video! I’m moving to Zurich next week and I was so lost with all of cell plans providers… 🥰

16. Toby M on February 7, 2020 at 10:50 pm

One important thing is, that the unlimited plans are actually unlimited. Most carriers will tell you that they will slow down your speed after 40GB or so of use, but they are not allowed to cut it except if you really really overuse it. With that I mean like 1000Gb or so per month. And I use 100GB+ per month regularly and actually never felt any slowdowns xD. That is with Swisscom and Yallo. Sunrise will actually give you full speed even beyond 40GB, but you will get deprioritized, which means if there are loads of people on the same tower, you will get less bandwidth than the others.

17. aditya bagve on February 7, 2020 at 10:54 pm

Thanks as always! Am not moving to Switzerland but still watch your videos. I have been there only once before and will be back next month. Two things:

1. Thanks for revento recommendation. Will check their store out but online prices seem higher than the 200 bucks you quoted in the video.

2. SALT I believe has the best rates for only data plans which are ideal for tourists.

18. Rick Warner on February 7, 2020 at 10:54 pm

I second the T-Mobile comments. We pay $60/month for 2 lines and get unlimited (but throttled) data and text in most of the world. We have used that extensively in Europe, including Switzerland, and a lot of other places (South America, Central America, Canada, Asia, Africa ….). BTW, I saw the two of you in Zürich HB (Europalee side) late yesterday afternoon; Matthias as pulling his einkaufsroller ……

19. Pippo Papero on February 7, 2020 at 10:56 pm

I will say the less worst telephone company is….we don t have the best anymore😏😏

20. the wombat on February 7, 2020 at 10:57 pm

I wouldn‘t go with swisscom because it is the most expensive. I use salt and it works just as well as my boyfriend‘s who has swisscom, but he pays a lot more than me. I don‘t recommend sunrise though, i‘ve heard a lot of people say it doesn‘t work that well.

21. BillOnVideo on February 7, 2020 at 10:57 pm

When I traveled to CH for 10 days I rented a Traveler’s WiFi – unlimited cellular data WiFi device that will connect up to 10 devices. About $9 / day. Put the phones on airplane mode and manually turn on WiFi. In the rare occasion I had to make an actual call, I used Skype.

22. Snickas on February 7, 2020 at 10:57 pm

One small point you didn’t mentioned. SIM card activation costs are almost every time around 40 francs. You have to pay this if you switch the carrier so be sure to take the right one to avoid paying this charge more than once.

23. beckerm13 on February 7, 2020 at 10:58 pm

I have a US T-Mobile plan for $50/month that allows unlimited usage when in Europe. It has worked very well when traveling in Europe.

24. Anna on February 7, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Better to get mailed your simcard because Sunrise told me if I go to store they will charge me (i think 40chf? cant remember) for activating simcard. 🙂 Bad experience with Yallo – was waiting for send me simcard for 3 weeks, never appeared and in the end they charged me anyway.

25. Lizeth Doncel on February 7, 2020 at 10:59 pm

I Love your Channel 🙂

26. Robby Ducot on February 7, 2020 at 11:02 pm

Hey, ma’am, I just want to ask, how to be a Swiss citizen?

27. Nunya on February 7, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Traveling to Switzerland for a couple weeks in January!! This is very helpful , thank you ! 😊

28. Blizzard * on February 7, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Side note:Verizon and Sprint are cdma which usually means they aren’t as versatile when moving to a different country gsm is what MOST other carriers use which is more versatile but doesn’t have any coverage of service advantages

29. lex25288 on February 7, 2020 at 11:04 pm

3:50 or get an unlocked phone before moving 🙂

30. Jérôme Röthlisberger on February 7, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Would like to know why Americans use the Swiss Flag as a logo for health and medical services.

31. Rana Cheaib on February 7, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Very helpful video, can you please tell us what are the most used mobile applications in switzerland like for food , delivery, restaurants, shopping, transportation… I would be thankfulll 💙

32. Ian Gracias on February 7, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Thankyou

33. MrThecyrille34 on February 7, 2020 at 11:10 pm

Swisscom is perhaps expensive but I think it’s the best about their services because a friend of mine who Came to my place could not have 4g ( he was using salt network) and le with Swisscom I can have 4g in my little village lost in friboug’s moutains

34. Carolyn K. on February 7, 2020 at 11:10 pm

Hi, Sarah. Do you know of a good company/website in the US to buy refurbished phones from?

35. Hakim Hakoumi on February 7, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Hawario

36. Damian Grimaldi on February 7, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Thanks a lot Sarah! Very useful. It would be very interesting to have a similar video for bank accounts for expats. Thanks for all your videos 🙂

37. Claudia Andreea Moisa on February 7, 2020 at 11:12 pm

In UK you can get unlimited everything for £20. So it’s kind of amazing. And everything that’s included in your plan can be used in the EEA for free. So if I travel I can use my plan and my phone like I use it in the UK at no extra cost. It will only have coverange from a locat network but everything works as home.

38. Franz Fünfundvierzig on February 7, 2020 at 11:12 pm

What is that red bottle in your sink? All I can think is why does she have a ketchup bottle in her sink? It’s probably soap but why red? It’s so weird. Lol

39. A S on February 7, 2020 at 11:13 pm

Hello Sarah💕! I just discovered ur channel a few days ago and im soooo into it! As a Canadian i can relate so much to most of ur comparisons so it’s super fun! I don’t know if you’ll see this comment out of many others, but if you do – I really want to know about the marriage culture in Switzerland. Since your husband is Swiss, do you think you can make a video about dating/marriage in Switzerland and maybe even talk about your own marriage? 😌🥰

40. Kai Máni on February 7, 2020 at 11:14 pm

I might add that there are plans (for as low as 20 bucks or so) where you only have like 1.5gb high speed internet, but you don’t pay extra if you exceed that, instead it’s just going to be at a lower speed (think, messaging works, but instagram pictures take half a minute to load)

41. OriginThoma on February 7, 2020 at 11:15 pm

Swisscom hat auch seit längerem keine roaming gebühren mehr. Also was eu betrifft. Ich hab ein günstiges abo und hab free internet und telefonie in ganz europa

42. Ivona K on February 7, 2020 at 11:20 pm

I buy my iPhones at Revendo too haha. It’s my 2nd iPhone from Revendo now.

43. bryn mordey on February 7, 2020 at 11:21 pm

Informative Sarah. Thanks. It’s so different to mobile phones in UK

44. Ludo Cattin on February 7, 2020 at 11:21 pm

With Wingo, a Swisscom brand, I pay 25 CHF per month for my mobile plan included unlimited data, call, SMS/MMS in Switzerland and 2 Go per month in Europe. There is no contract terms (2 months to cancel your contract). I also pay 39 CHF / month for internet with maximum speed at home and 5 CHF / month for TV. So, total is 69 CHF / month for TV, internet and mobile plan. Salt Fiber may be cheaper, but is not offered at home (No FTTH technology at home).

45. Swisser on February 7, 2020 at 11:24 pm

As always, very good information 👋✌

46. Dov S on February 7, 2020 at 11:24 pm

like your silly repeating statement "I am so lucky to live here" as if Switzerland is heaven on earth..
    Optimism is good tho. So keep convince yourself you are lucky etc.

47. Leenapanther on February 7, 2020 at 11:24 pm

Watching a You tube video on a mobile phone is the worst thing you can do (in my opinion). No chance to block the commercials tiny screen. No thanks. I don’t understand it, but I also don’t have to. Otherwise good video!

48. lamar m on February 7, 2020 at 11:29 pm

who else has no plans to live in Switzerland but is addicted to these videos for some reason 😂

49. SarahBear888 on February 7, 2020 at 11:30 pm

I wish I only had to pay about $40-65 [not franks, but lol] my bill is almost $300 (us dollars) for unlimited texts & calls, & like 2 gigs of data a month. 🙄

50. shref hany on February 7, 2020 at 11:31 pm