Internet Cell Phones are destroying our Brains DOCUMENTARY

Internet Cell Phones are destroying our Brains DOCUMENTARY

Download Brave Browser get paid $ to surf https://brave.com/cla159

Support this channel by subscribing

Tip Jar

Ethereum :

0x340d3d13218c77ba0dd5c25a54c938d2f38b725d2cb3fdb92fb1e9862fbcf41a

Bitcoin : 1DRSVVNcEVAwKm7o7HXf87nKTJBcfekzcs

We live in a world of screens. The average adult spends the majority of their waking hours in front of some sort of screen or device. We’re enthralled, we’re addicted to these machines. How did we get here? Who benefits? What are the cumulative impacts on people, society and the environment? What may come next if this culture is left unchecked, to its end trajectory, and is that what we want? *Stare Into The Lights My Pretties* investigates these questions with an urge to return to the real physical world, to form a critical view of technological escalation driven by rapacious and pervasive corporate interest. Covering themes of addiction, privacy, surveillance, information manipulation, behaviour modification and social control, the film lays the foundations as to why we may feel like we’re sleeprunning into some dystopian nightmare with the machines at the helm. Because we are, if we don’t seriously avert our eyes to stop this culture from destroying what is left of the real world.

SEGMENTS
0:00:00 – Introduction
0:04:03 – “Progress”
0:16:58 – No Accident
0:23:10 – Mindset (Screen Culture)
0:51:12 – It’s All About Me!
1:10:48 – The Megamachine
1:16:52 – Creeping Normalcy
1:33:02 – Vegged Out
1:39:43 – It’s Full of Sugar and It Tastes So Nice
1:56:50 – The Real World
2:06:13 – Credits

VOICES
Susan Greenfield, Katina Michael, Derrick Jensen, Lelia Green, Roger Clarke, Nicholas Carr, Sherry Turkle, Douglas Rushkoff, Lewis Mumford, Eli Pariser, Andrew Keen, Clifford Nass, Rebecca Mackinnon, Bruce Schneier, Jerry Mander, Jeff Chester.

CREDITS
Written and Directed by Jordan Brown. Original camera by Jordan Brown, Masao Tamaoki and James Tomalin. Music by Jore, Sigur Rós, The Cinematic Orchestra, Ólafur Arnalds, Bonobo, Soundsource, Bzaurie, Clark, Rollmottle, Ma Spaventi, Nils Frahm, Max Richter, Eunoia and Seame Campbell.

Additional footage credit where credit is due is made out to respective creators, some of whom are: Em Styles, Katerina Vittozzi, Eric De Lavarène, Isabelle Delannoy, Brian Frank, Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Ivan Cash, Yordan Zhechev, Ron Fricke, Monika Fleishmann, Raymond Delacruz, Rob Featherstone, Michael Mcsweeney, Juan Falgueras, Trevor Hedge, Jean Counet, David Kleijwegt, Godfrey Reggio, Naomi Ture, Chris Zobl, Siddharth Hirwani, Melly Lee, Refik Anadol, Marc Homs, Schnellebuntebilder, Kyle Littlejohn, Tobias Gremmler, Marina Wanderlust, Kristopher Lee, Brandon Johnson, Nicolas Fevrier, Judd Frazier, Ben Stevens, David Fedele, Frank Wiering, Rob Mcbride, Vido Yuandao, Justine Ezarik, David Machado Santos, Vasco Sotomaior, Wolfgang Strauss, Kornhaber Brown, Matthew Epler, James Kwan, China Techy, BigThink, Gigaom, Inc. Magazine, The Guardian, TED, TEDx, BBC, ABC, CNN, Indymedia; and all further credit where credit is due for unknown or unattributed creators whose work appears.

Content creators and/or participants may or may not agree with the views expressed in this film, which was made with no budget, not-for-profit, and is released to the world for free for the purposes of critical discourse, education, and for cultivating radical social and political change.

1. mnb323 on April 8, 2020 at 2:50 pm

My family uses Facebook messenger to talk to each other even in the same room. No one really wants to talk on the phone anymore, I get it. So messenger far away makes sense. But the same room…. come on.

2. YesIknow Ok on April 8, 2020 at 2:51 pm

By any chance do you have this video on a different platform
    Just incase YouTube deletes it

3. OutcastSoldier on April 8, 2020 at 2:51 pm

Sick people creates sick societies, and money is what makes people sick.

4. Mahutin .F on April 8, 2020 at 2:52 pm

I’ve noticed for a while now that I’m addicted to my phone. I can’t seem to break this addiction no matter how much I try………. I work from home, so I often spend more than 10 hours a day on my phone.

5. Michael Wilson on April 8, 2020 at 2:53 pm

Clandestiny by Mastodon raps up exactly whats happening hear

6. 1 1 on April 8, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Should be shown in all schools

7. Wait for it on April 8, 2020 at 2:54 pm

This cell phone is the ultimate skinners box.

8. nikky young on April 8, 2020 at 2:55 pm

This is so true…. I almost had a lot of car accidents because I was on my phone on social media. My legs are now weak from sitting too long and too much from scrolling up and down on the Internet and social media on worthless people and things. This whole ordeal is bat shit crazy, and society keeps telling us that these platforms are important to "Keep in touch" with friends and family. Uhmm, didn’t humans keep in touch before the social media and smart phone craze. It’s totally insane!!!!

I guess having a flip phone means you’re not important or connected enough. Seems like the dumb phones are the smart ones. I would definitely invest into one.

Nokia 3310 or 8110 where you at….

9. carol underwood on April 8, 2020 at 2:55 pm

This may sound very different from others who have commented here..I went back into this presentation to hear it again..True knowledge is not by scientists of our day..but True knowledge is in God Almighty..What we are experiencing is the fact that we have also eaten from the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden that was orchestrated by Satan himself.. He has always hated God and His creation and the way he is doing it now is destroying God’s greatest creation which is man made in His image to become brute beasts with no minds. We have to wake up and realize that this is not our world it belongs to Satan and his fallen demons. God has a place in Heaven prepared for us but before we go there we have to go through this wilderness in this world. I have not had a television for over 35 years or have not had a cell phone 10 years. And I don’t miss it at all. In fact, I spend time reading and sewing, crocheting and studying my Bible and also talking when I can to humans who don’t have a cell phone in their hands. Life is full if you are connected to Christ..I pray that what I have said will be a blessing to someone out there. God Bless you. Joy

10. Samuel A Quijada G on April 8, 2020 at 2:57 pm

14:50 christ

11. Linda Dunphe on April 8, 2020 at 2:57 pm

The internet has destroyed the world,,,I’m in my 50s,,,I’ve seen so much evil from this,,,all our malls and shops have been destroyed,,, money often stolen,,,and false information,,, and gosh sakes our children are not safe,,,get off our fat butt get out and enjoy the outside world,,,

12. may day on April 8, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Brainwashing is all it is…

13. Bailey Schwab on April 8, 2020 at 3:04 pm

everyone complaining about the effects of gadgets on their gadgets…

14. YesIknow Ok on April 8, 2020 at 3:08 pm

This is the holy grail
    everyone that wants to escape this type Matrix should watch this.

15. Ayan Rasheed on April 8, 2020 at 3:08 pm

This is worse than a scary movie.

16. Para Dice on April 8, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Technology, making us stupider everyday! Seems like the more we know the less we absorb! I don’t think this amount of information is healthy. Our brains have changed, I’ve taken technology fast and I can tell you that it’s pretty crazy what happens. I try to get away but it’s a addiction and the best distraction. Dammit

17. Donovan McCarthy on April 8, 2020 at 3:15 pm

this is why you should use Duckduckgo.com

18. RgeThIs GuY480 on April 8, 2020 at 3:17 pm

Ok Boomer

19. IRIS VEJARANO HERRERA on April 8, 2020 at 3:17 pm

Thank you for lifting up the veil of ignorance.

20. David Bevly on April 8, 2020 at 3:22 pm

This is very hypocritical, this video would not bepossible without technology.

21. Nickie Ovien on April 8, 2020 at 3:22 pm

Sorry but this isn’t true with a phone well I doubt many humans would be as smart as they are now 65% percent of us learn more from our phones than school that’s a fact but it can be dangerous.

22. Mutafa Rahmani on April 8, 2020 at 3:23 pm

For some reason instagram is promoting more naked womens.

23. Nathan Blades on April 8, 2020 at 3:23 pm

That’s the plan

24. CANWEGOSWIMMING? on April 8, 2020 at 3:26 pm

THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING VIDEO!!! I HAVE TO CHANGE AND COME BACK TO THE REAL WORLD.

25. Lucy Renée on April 8, 2020 at 3:26 pm

There should be a "LOVE’ button for this video!

26. Nostalgia For Infinity on April 8, 2020 at 3:28 pm

This is probably one of the most important documentaries of this decade and should be made mandatory viewing for everyone, especially for school and university students.

27. Noble Six on April 8, 2020 at 3:28 pm

Every kid I see walking to school their looking down at the phone. Even kids riding their fucking bikes look down at the phone

28. The Sage on April 8, 2020 at 3:29 pm

The love of money is what keeps ppl in the rat race forgetting to question what’s going on with the evolving of humanity beyond its capacity.

29. Just an Siege Memer on April 8, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Ok, boomer.

30. Anthony Cortes on April 8, 2020 at 3:32 pm

I’m switching to a flip phone no longer will I be a slave to google, Samsung or Apple.

31. 1 1 on April 8, 2020 at 3:34 pm

YOUR DOING GODS WORK

32. Darveysh Dhillon on April 8, 2020 at 3:34 pm

OK BOOMER

33. Devansh Sharma on April 8, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Thing is that people are readily wasting their time on social media or games but not such documentaries which informs us about the carefulness we should take while running our devices.

34. A Xokleng on April 8, 2020 at 3:35 pm

25:25 – this is what worries me the most. I do feel that 90% of people I communicate nowadays simply can’t understand basic abstract concepts, can’t interact with metaphors, can’t follow any logical reasoning (instead, they create ‘their own logic’). Politics plays a role on making the world unreal and the educational system contributes to this schizophrenia. The faith (yes, faith) on technology has created world full of zombies – to imagine that, as I grow older, these mindless people are going to be leading the world is a terrifying thought.

35. nana kala on April 8, 2020 at 3:35 pm

God PLEASE destroy cell phone technology.

36. sk1ttlez on April 8, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Ok boomer.

37. Noble Six on April 8, 2020 at 3:37 pm

This is just the beginning of the apocalypse

38. Mutafa Rahmani on April 8, 2020 at 3:38 pm

If u see this message: well done’ we have entered a new time.

The age of aquarius, information time.
    Prepare yourself for the worst AI: artificial intelligence time…

39. CONSCIENCE INVICTUS on April 8, 2020 at 3:38 pm

NON HUMAN ELITE ESTABLISHMENT WHETHER GOVERNMENT RELIGION MEDICAL DEFENCE EDUCATION BANKING AND MORE HAS BEEN AT WAR WITH HUMANITY THROUGH OUT HISTORY. WE HUMANS ENACT EVIL AGENDAS DEVISED BY NON HUMAN ELITES AGAINST HUMANITY IN EXCHANGE FOR SALARY WHICH MAKES HISTORY TO KEEP REPEATING WHILE KEEPING THESE NON HUMAN ELITES IN RULING POSITIONS FOR INFINITE GENERATIONS SO FAR. NON HUMAN ENTITIES LIVE AMONG US UNDER HUMAN DISGUISE AND COME FROM EVERY SOCIAL CULTURAL BACKGROUNDS AND CAN ONLY ESTABLISH THE MATRIX SYSTEM WHILE WE HUMANS HOLD IT TOGETHER WE HUMANS SUSTAIN IT WE HUMANS SELL OUR CONSCIENCE EXCUSE BEING I AM ONLY DOING MY JOB FOR MONEY THAT NON HUMAN ELITES NOT ONLY CAN PRINT BUT GENERATE ON COMPUTER SCREENS AROUND THE CLOCK AND NOT COSTING THEM ANYTHING ONLY TO ERADICATE HUMANITY MORALLY SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY. WE HUMANS ARE WORK FORCE FOR NON HUMAN ELITE BRAINS WHO ARE CONSTANTLY KEEPING HUMANS AS SLAVES AND OUR WORLD AS SLAUGHTER HOUSE. NON HUMAN ELITES ARE THE PROBLEM AND WE HUMANS ARE THE SOLUTION WE HUMANS ARE THE SAVIOUR OF OUR PRESENT AND FUTURE GENERATIONS AND HUMANITY AS WHOLE OR WE KEEP WAITING FOR THE BELIEVED MESSIAH TO SHOW UP FOR WHOM WHATEVER ATROCITIES HAVE TAKEN PLACE SO FAR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO SHOW UP SO WHAT MAKES FUTURE HUMANS SO SPECIAL. BELIEVED PROPHETIC SCRIPTURES LOOKS MORE TO BE NON HUMAN ELITE ENTITIES ROAD MAP AND NOT PREDICTIONS FROM GOD WHICH ARE BEING PLAYED OUT AGAINST HUMANITY OTHERWISE THESE NON HUMAN ELITES ARE ONLY FULFILLING GOD’S WILL. ANYTHING THAT HAS HIERARCHY IS UNNATURAL ( ARTIFICIAL ) ANYTHING THAT IS UNNATURAL ( ARTIFICIAL ) IS MALIGNANT TO HUMANITY ANYTHING THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS DELUSION ( SCAM ) . RULERS BECOME RULERS BECAUSE OTHERS ALLOW IT TO BE SO SLAVES BECOME SLAVES BECAUSE THEY THEMSELVES ALLOW IT TO BE SO. HUMANS THAT STAND FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS AND MORALITY AGAINST EVILS WILL BE TRIED TO GET DISPOSED OFF BECAUSE EVILS CANT CONQUER OUR CONSCIENCE AND SPIRITUALITY UNLESS WE ALLOW IT OURSELVES AND HUMANS THAT GET SOLD OUT WILL BE USED WILL BE ABUSED AND THEN WILL GET DISPOSED OFF. INJUSTICE TO ONE ANYWHERE IS INJUSTICE TO EVERYONE EVERYWHERE AS HUMANS ARE ALL ONENESS. EYES ARE WIDE SHUT UNLESS HEART AND MIND ARE NOT OPEN.

40. Gold School on April 8, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Why do ppl pronounce ‘idea’ as “idear” it makes me cringe

41. Adam Hansen on April 8, 2020 at 3:39 pm

cut their thumbs off. What once was an apex adaptation has become an evolutionary flaw and it will lead to extinction. #cut thumbs their off

42. pawws on April 8, 2020 at 3:39 pm

I fully recognized the symptoms only when I quit using (and owning) a smartphone. Even though I’m now obliged to use computer more, I don’t feel like I have a "physical" addiction to use a computer, whereas I used to have more of a physical addiction to touch and use smartphone device, to take it in my hand, just to do *something* with it. Now, after 3 months or not having a smartphone I still notice the strongness of that addiction when I even see just a photo of an iPhone screen – I immediately start worrying and asking "Where’s my iPhone?? Should I check my Facebook, my emails, my Instagram??" even though I KNOW there’s nothing urgent I haven’t checked. It’s just a very addictive device. I’m so happy to be free of that addiction now.

43. Lomanis Scuderi on April 8, 2020 at 3:39 pm

ENIAC TURNED OUT TO BE A MANIAC,anybody else starting to feel like they’ve had ENOUGH of all this tech shit,someone said GIVING PEOPLE TECHNOLOGY IS LIKE GIVING ALCOHOLIC BARELL OF WINE HE’S GONNA DRINK IT TILL HE’S DEAD

44. MicahCTheory on April 8, 2020 at 3:40 pm

This documentary is as depressing as heck, but the info is so good.

45. amongallothers on April 8, 2020 at 3:40 pm

1:57:30 that’s it. That picture is worth a MILLION words, but it needs only one. WARNING.

46. matthew samartino on April 8, 2020 at 3:42 pm

I’m just watching this to get triggered at boomers

47. Erik Wade on April 8, 2020 at 3:44 pm

In my experience, multitasking is just a euphemism for simultaneously failing to get a lot of things done.

48. The Doctornaut on April 8, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Is there a solution short of total abandonment of tech?

49. Julian Ramirez on April 8, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Can I remake this video using your name but in Spanish for Spanish speaker

50. peter wind on April 8, 2020 at 3:49 pm

Pretty much everywhere you look, you see people looking at their phones