Building the World's Fastest After Effects Computer

Building the World's Fastest After Effects Computer

What is the fastest After Effects computer possible? We teamed up with Puget Systems and Adobe to create the ultimate AE computer.
Download the Guide & Win the Computer: http://bit.ly/2EW2Ikx

We’d like to extend a very special thanks to Puget Systems and Adobe for helping make this video a reality.

Puget Systems Benchmark: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Puget-Systems-Adobe-After-Effects-CC-Benchmark-1287/

Puget Systems: http://puget.systems/go/schoolofmotion
Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/

Directed By Mike Pecci: http://www.mikepecci.com/

1. Abdure Graphics & Design on April 12, 2020 at 2:58 pm

😀😀 you look in your intro like vampire

2. rcpainter on April 12, 2020 at 2:59 pm

I "love" how pretty much every area you go, whether on YouTube, Google, etc. the emphasis for adjustment is ALWAYS on the Consumer. Rarely, if ever, have I seen the so called "experts" point the finger at Adobe. I mean when you consider 3D rendering software, like Zbrush and others, that run butter smooth on not necessarily the "highest" level PC (Because they’re actually coded to use the GPU) it makes you wonder, why is Adobe dragging their feet to "optimize" their "relatively dated" software? I have an i7-7820X using an 1T M.2 and 512SSD (and an added 4T and 2T HD) with yes a GeForce 2080, 32GB’s RAM, my scratch disk set to 900GB’s (Almost the full Terabyte) and AE sometimes CRASHES! LOL!!! On a file that’s 50,441KB! Uhm, what am I missing here?

3. Ronnelle Torres on April 12, 2020 at 3:01 pm

My adobe cs6 after effects really works fast then I switch to adobe CC boom… It’s like working with a Turtle.

4. Jorge Junior on April 12, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Pretty sure Windows has come a long way and part of me actually wants to build a PC to work with AE, but I can’t forget the day I gave up on Windows almost 13 years ago. I was working on a project that involved editing almost 9 hours of footage from 3 cameras. After hours importing all of the MiniDV tapes through firewire and about 8 hours of editing in Premiere the Blue Screen of Death appears. I try to reboot the system, but Windows no longer starts up. I tried removing the hard drive and put it on another PC to try to salvage the footage and the Premiere project and everything else was corrupted, I lost all of my work less than 24h before my deadline. That same week I bought a iMac.

5. Whayls on April 12, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Can someone tell me what the benchmark numbers mean!
    Like how much faster would a score of 985 be over 760? 50% faster? Twice as fast? Four times as fast?

6. MultiVerse Studio on April 12, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Does ram speed in Mhz has anything to do with after effects? what I mean is, 32GB 2400Mhz memory and 32GB 3200Mhz Memory would it be any difference only in After Effects

7. Waqar Ansari on April 12, 2020 at 3:03 pm

This video is actualy incredibly helpful. I won’t be buying stuff this expensive but this is exactly the stuff i needed to know

8. Maryam Hassan on April 12, 2020 at 3:03 pm

If I had 4K to spend on this dream I would I don’t even care that I would have to switch back to mac (honestly the interface & appearance are the only real upside to macs). If I hadn’t gotten mine as a hand-me-down in the first place I wouldn’t have ever bothered wasting money for just the name.

9. Manuel Espinosa on April 12, 2020 at 3:04 pm

hi, Currently my PC has a 1950x threadripper, mainly use after effects and premiere, but more after effects, should I sell the 1950x threadripper and buy the i9 9900k?

10. Varghese Antony V.B. on April 12, 2020 at 3:05 pm

11. D-thec- tieve on April 12, 2020 at 3:05 pm

Your imac pro comes with a 5k display by lg count that in!!

12. LEXPIX on April 12, 2020 at 3:09 pm

Nice, I guess the era of Mac’s hold on creative creators are coming to an end.

13. Ivan Volkov on April 12, 2020 at 3:10 pm

Adobe, do you know about multicors?

14. Vefa ERDEM on April 12, 2020 at 3:11 pm

I still have the same i7 2600K PC for a decade of which I am upgrading the GPU, RAM and SSD from time to time and I am happy with it. I do some freelance mograph and graphic design works with it. It does its job to an extent; unless I mess up with some complex 3D (fluid dynamics, displacement maps, vray, etc.). As a full time ad agency creative I also work with macs. I agree with the price/performance ratio comparison mentioned in this video. But when it comes to color fidelity, image crispness and screen performance, I could not achieve the results that an imac screen is able to produce, even with a mac display connected to the PC. It’s always blueish compared to macs, even with the white point is set to 5600K. I have swapped 5 displays to this day (Samsung, LG, ViewSonic, Asus, Dell). I am open to all advices on this concern. Which display you guys use?

15. CKDesigns on April 12, 2020 at 3:12 pm

First of all. Adobe must hire some programmers to know how to write code for more than 1 core….then we will talk about the best pc setup.

16. david jack on April 12, 2020 at 3:13 pm

schooled

17. Pocho Nieves on April 12, 2020 at 3:15 pm

MAC vs PC? LOL!!!
    I enjoyed when his delusion that Mac was close to PC performance was scientifically proven.

18. Ikhlasul Kamal on April 12, 2020 at 3:17 pm

10 years Later….

19. Joseph Villanueva on April 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm

This was an awesome video! Much appreciated! It would be cool to see how fast one should realistically expect AE to work on an "Elite" system. I sometimes feel like my expectations may be too high for what technology can even do today. Anyways, this helped a ton. Cheers!

20. anxs220 on April 12, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Now here is my *800 score* for *1100$* setup :

– CPU: core i7-8700k ( ebay 300$ )
    – SSD: crucial P1 1 TB ( ebay 125$ )
    – GPU: GTX 1070 ( ebay 220$ )
    – RAM: 32gb (16×2) HyperX Fury White ( ebay 200$ ) or any other
    – MOTHER: ASRock B360M Pro4 ( 80$ ) or any other
    – POWER: any 500W+ ( 70$ )
    – Case, fans etc ( 100$ )

21. pizza karton on April 12, 2020 at 3:20 pm

i got the advised CPU, SSD, RAM and AE is just slow as shit.
    it’s a bit of a joke to produce such video, when having the worst hardware-accerlation all over.

as a major company which generates big amounts of money with their CC subscibtions!

22. itai on April 12, 2020 at 3:21 pm

That imac is with a monitor, so adjust for that when comparing. Also, AE was written in the 90’s, and Adobe are too lazy to do anything under the hood.

23. MrEiht on April 12, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Never ever try to use it for fluid or smoke simulations in 3D apps.
    This is strickly AE – if you can survive with just 2TB

24. Luis444Felipe on April 12, 2020 at 3:23 pm

I see everywhere PC builds with the BEST and most expensive parts. I was wondering if you guys could make budget-oriented hardware recommendation for general use After Effects, Motion Graphics and other 3D software. This channel seems well versed on hardware so I wanted to ask for advice without breaking the bank.

Would a Ryzen 5 2600 be enough in terms of single-core performance? or would I be better off with a Intel i5 8400? I’m getting started on AE so I’m no professional (save me the i7 8700k recommendations) and could handle render times, but would like smooth performance when studying (scrubbing, effects, preview of the project) I currently have a AMD A9-9420 laptop with radeon R5 integrated graphics with 4GB of RAM, it gets sluggish with rendering and sometimes even Illustrator. Will a Ryzen 5 + GTX 1050 Ti/RX 560 be smooth for this type of work? Or is it better to get a GTX 1060/RX 580 with a better CPU?

Any advice is appreciated!

25. penkata drums on April 12, 2020 at 3:24 pm

"Gpu just needs to be good enough"… they put in 2080 lol 😁

26. vikrant Kumar on April 12, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Very impressive video . Information and music and all were great.

27. Wolfgang Merneg on April 12, 2020 at 3:26 pm

what was the motherboard ? would be nice if… thanks.

28. walter de rosa on April 12, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Bump this for a question. The configuration is great but, what do you think about the Ryzen AMD cpu and Adobe Creative Cloud, especially AE and Premiere? Someone says about problems with this combo

29. Exxon Cardozo on April 12, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Hi. I am looking to get a new machine assembled. I want to point out that I am a newbie when it comes to the hardware bit. Of course I know what CPU and GPU does, but I don’t know how cores work, or what is overclocking or multi-threading etc.
    Having said that, I am stuck at what motherboard to purchase, as in, what are the specs and features that I should I consider?
    I’ve seen a dozen of videos about the best PCs for After Effects and all of them either choose to completely ignore the motherboard as a component or just say that you don’t need to be very picky about it and a standard motherboard will do just fine. But I definitely want to make sure that the components I am putting in are compatible with it and are used to optimum capacity to get the best results, right?
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

30. Left Edit on April 12, 2020 at 3:28 pm

PC price doesnt include a monitor! iMac has a good quality p3 monitor…. 😀

31. Attack City Media on April 12, 2020 at 3:29 pm

So quadro doesnt matter for AE?

32. Mango Steel on April 12, 2020 at 3:29 pm

😂 Who the F$&% is Linux?
    Linux is like that friend you have that is always telling you he’s got a richer, cooler, funnier friend named Linux but you ain’t never, ever, ever met.

33. Morton Fizzback on April 12, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Which processor is better for After Effects:  XEON E5-2680 3.50, or a I7-3770

34. VSF PRODUCTION on April 12, 2020 at 3:31 pm

How can I avail that computer?

35. gregkrazanski on April 12, 2020 at 3:33 pm

aw man. few months later and the 3900x or 3950x would be overall faster if you’re taking rendering into account. not sure what their benchmark does though

36. Ivan Rodriguez on April 12, 2020 at 3:33 pm

I was about to make my nvme drive the boot drive

37. zulfikangga on April 12, 2020 at 3:33 pm

remember, imac pro come with highend monitor

38. Mister J Beats on April 12, 2020 at 3:34 pm

What wattage of PSU is recommended for this build?

39. Dihelson Mendonca on April 12, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Hello, with all new AMD processors on the market, like 3950x with 16 cores, would be better to run after effects ?

40. CG Cafe Studio on April 12, 2020 at 3:40 pm

hey i wan build may old PC for special for after effects and motion graphics suggest me for bluing PC

41. Dihelson Mendonca on April 12, 2020 at 3:40 pm

This is the most AWESOME video about Adobe After Effects EVER ! I awaited many years to discover the best machine ever. Go to the shoppings !

42. Денис Лесных on April 12, 2020 at 3:40 pm

In latest After Effects 5%-15% load of modern multi core CPU is a so shame for Adobe.

43. Bogz Templates on April 12, 2020 at 3:41 pm

awesome video & project!! Very informative, thanks for that 🙂 #on the other hand… come on guys! the music should be mixed down way moreeeeeee.. kinda annoying

44. Alexander Zhvavyi on April 12, 2020 at 3:42 pm

It makes sense to upgrade the GTX970 to RTX 2070/2080 for work with 4I comp?

45. Jorge Lega on April 12, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Awesome! now we need a video for Fastest Cinema 4D Machine!

46. fayyazb on April 12, 2020 at 3:47 pm

AAAAWESOME! What about C4D on this beast?

47. ra-7eem _ 90 on April 12, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Hi. What do you mean by cache drive?

48. Dihelson Mendonca on April 12, 2020 at 3:52 pm

*PLEASE HELP* – Can someone tell me if I use an AMD 3900x or even a 3950x ( 16 core CPU ), the difference in performance for Adobe Premiere and After Effects ( Scrubbing and render time ) would be huge, or just a little better with the same GPU card or even with an RTX 2080 ? We know that Adobe Premiere depends much of Cuda Cores, and RTX 2080ti has the double cuda cores from 2080 not TI. So, what do you think ? Would it be a huge difference in performance changing from this CPU to an AMD cpu ? I´d like to build the best Adobe Premiere and After Effects machine possible. I work with video creation. Thanks !

49. Filmmaker to the future on April 12, 2020 at 3:54 pm

hei , are Ray tracing feature from RTX give speed up in AE? or just enaugh with GTX?

50. Walt Cameron on April 12, 2020 at 3:55 pm

I have a Pugent System, LOVE IT! Not like the one you built though.